Hi, sorry if this sounds a bit nooby haha, but I'm pretty new to home recording. At college I have used Logic Pro which I found was perfect for me but for home, I have a PC, not a Mac. So what is a good software program to record at home on? I don't have a real drum kit, so I need something which I can play Midi drums via keyboard into. I'd like to spend under £300 if possible, but can stretch if need's be. My interface is an M-Audio Fast track.
Thanks in advance, David
Gibson SG Standard, Gibson SG 60s tribute, Edwards Les Paul, Fender Telecaster, Epiphone SG Custom
For your purposes, I'd recomend you check out REAPER. http://www.cockos.com/reaper/ It's a fully functional DAW and it's WELL below your price range. You could then use the money you save to get something like Addictive Drummer or EZDrummer. It doesn't come with any fancy synths or plug-ins, but you can find plenty of free stuff via Google. Before you commit to purchasing any DAW, I'd recomend you just go to some websites and try the demo's first. They're all basically the same. What matters is how they work for you.
REAPER +1, and I'd recommend Sennheiser DrumMic'A for drums 'cause it's free. If you decide you don't like it then look into Steven Slate Drums, EZDrummer, and Superior Drummer, or some of the Analogue Drums stuff (you can get their Big Mono kit for free too). It doesn't hurt to try the free stuff, and if it does the job you just saved yourself a nice chunk of cash.
I am also the beginner of recording software Logic Pro and finding no any problem yet. As you are recording songs at home so this software will be fine for you. You already have experience of this software recording. Once I have edited song for my cigar compaign for our website http://www.cigarsmokes.com and it was a huge sucess for our customers that was calling to our customer service and hearing that music.... so I Highly recommend to all companies do this to diferentiate themselves.
Last edited by Vernon Jines at Nov 10, 2013,
Quote by Vernon Jines
I am also the beginner of recording software Logic Pro and finding no any problem yet. As you are recording songs at home so this software will be fine for you. You already have experience of this software recording.

I can't use Logic as I don't have a Mac at home, just had had access to one when I was at college.

I've got the demo of reaper, what are the extra features of actually buying it? Or should I keep just clicking "still evaluating"? haha
Gibson SG Standard, Gibson SG 60s tribute, Edwards Les Paul, Fender Telecaster, Epiphone SG Custom
Quote by hardrockerdave9
I can't use Logic as I don't have a Mac at home, just had had access to one when I was at college.

I've got the demo of reaper, what are the extra features of actually buying it? Or should I keep just clicking "still evaluating"? haha

You can literally just keep evaluating indefinitely. It's fully functional as a permanent trial version. It's just nice to pick up a license out of the goodness of your heart once (if) you're sure you like it.