Do you think you have what it takes to be a social worker, taking care of old people and 'tarded people and stuff?
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Yeah I do think I probably could handle it but I don't want to.
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
Hell no. Although I know a woman who volunteers with Sense, so she helps people that are deafblind which I think is pretty incredible. Basically all the women in my family work or have worked as carers, that makes me feel kinda proud I guess
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
Yeah I do think I probably could handle it but I don't want to.

yea, this

I would actually most likely get burnt out really quickly. I know a bunch of people who did stuff like that after college, and barely any lasted more than a few years. It gets to you.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Last edited by WCPhils at Oct 3, 2013,
I could do it, I think...but I'd hate it and so after a while I'd give up
I have nothing important to say
Is it super difficult? Like do you give old people baths and stuff? That's probably my biggest fear.
Nope. That isn't something that you have to do. Or at least that I've had to do. When I social worked at a hospital physical therapy and occupational might have done that and helped people in the bathroom -imagine having a masters degree and still having to wipe someone's ass.

Mostly social workers talk with people to help them gain the skills to solve their own problems. An MSW is a pretty broad degree though. You could do mental health work, addiction counseling, community development, policy work, or a whole bunch of other things with it. All depends on what you're interested in. I'm working in education, I know people working with refugees, people working with prison populations, people in family work.

The hard thing is that there is a tendency to take your work home with you.it is tough to not be bothered by some of the things your clients are experiencing.having an outlet to allow you time to focus on yourself is important.having other social workers to grumble with also helps. Plus you get paid terribly.

Plus, as a guy you'd move up the ranks quick. So no bath giving.

Sorry about formatting and spelling. I'm on a tablet.
Yes. That'd probably be like my third career choice, but I'd have to get specific schooling for social work.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
girlfriend nurses in a mental health unit with all varieties of schizos and what else have you, stories are incredible. some of them sound like they'd make good conversationalists however, so yeah i'd give it a shot
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

The music winners listen to
Is this because you were watching Derek?
--------------╯╰--------------
A SIGNATURE.
--------------╮╭--------------
No way. I'd get so frustrated within the first hour of the job that i'd quit
Sail upon the open skies
My father has a Masters in social work. His early work involved taking care the mentally ill, and I'm pretty sure he still does that, but lately I've noticed that he has been pushing for legislative reform and helping families with state benefits and adjusting to unfamiliar environments.

I'm not in the States so it could be different though.
Quote by uhh_me?
Nope. That isn't something that you have to do. Or at least that I've had to do. When I social worked at a hospital physical therapy and occupational might have done that and helped people in the bathroom -imagine having a masters degree and still having to wipe someone's ass.

Mostly social workers talk with people to help them gain the skills to solve their own problems. An MSW is a pretty broad degree though. You could do mental health work, addiction counseling, community development, policy work, or a whole bunch of other things with it. All depends on what you're interested in. I'm working in education, I know people working with refugees, people working with prison populations, people in family work.

The hard thing is that there is a tendency to take your work home with you.it is tough to not be bothered by some of the things your clients are experiencing.having an outlet to allow you time to focus on yourself is important.having other social workers to grumble with also helps. Plus you get paid terribly.

Plus, as a guy you'd move up the ranks quick. So no bath giving.

Sorry about formatting and spelling. I'm on a tablet.

Cool. Do you need a MSW to work in the realm of social work?

Quote by DonGlover
Is this because you were watching Derek?

Yeah. The only bad thing I can say about it is that the sentimentality was a bit heavy handed (Coldplay x2 ugh)
I'd probably be able to do it but I don't think I want to.

Quote by bradulator
Is it super difficult? Like do you give old people baths and stuff? That's probably my biggest fear.

But I might have to do this, as uhh_me said, cuz I want to do physiotherapy. But it depends on the specialization and everything. Actually when I volunteer at the hospital now I sometimes help old people get up if they need to use the bathroom, but I don't actually go in there. They just need help getting out of bed.
cat
Quote by bradulator
Yeah. The only bad thing I can say about it is that the sentimentality was a bit heavy handed (Coldplay x2 ugh)

I agree with that. I think there are a lot of forced elements to it that turned me off a bit. I mean, I just couldn't find it hilarious for some reason, but I was watching other comedies at the same time so it might have clashed, having to switch between the different comedy styles. Ricky Gervais' work often comes off a a bit desperate to me though, especially when he's featured in it. How it's desperate, I'm not sure. Desperate for praise? Maybe.
--------------╯╰--------------
A SIGNATURE.
--------------╮╭--------------
Aspects of social life interest me, but only in a studious way. I wouldn't want to actually get in there and mess with stuff.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Been one and quit, so no
Quote by Night
wtf is a selfie? is that like, touching yourself or something?
Quote by bradulator
Cool. Do you need a MSW to work in the realm of social work?

You don't need one, but it certainly helps. Without it, you're pretty much limited to linework. You can't bill insurance for your time.
My wife is in her senior year of getting a BA in Social Work (so being a social worker) and no, it's not for me, but the OP is a terrible description of what it actually entails...
My God, it's full of stars!
That's not really "social work". Old people and ******ed people are generally way cooler/easier to deal with than other people a lot of the time, though.
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

i couldnt deal with the monster 'tards
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
Nope, I recognize my limits and I don't have the right type of patience for it.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin