Hi...
Does anyone knows how to make the looper on Zoom G3 to play infinitely ?
Because when i used the looper eg. for 40 sec, when playback reach 40 sec. it stop for a while and then playback again from the beginning. It's annoying actually.
I'm thinking if Possible,if I made a phrase for 40 sec, it would play on and on until forever without the stop and return to the beginning part
Is this Possible ?

Thanks
Last edited by r4sha at Oct 4, 2013,
It should work exactly like you want it to. Sounds like you are starting it, playing for less than 40 sec, then when the looper repeats you are hearing the dead space between the end of your playing and when the looper ends at 40 sec. You have to press the footswitch when you end your phrase to mark the end of the loop. Most of the songs in my link are done with the G3 looper.
Quote by fly135
It should work exactly like you want it to. Sounds like you are starting it, playing for less than 40 sec, then when the looper repeats you are hearing the dead space between the end of your playing and when the looper ends at 40 sec. You have to press the footswitch when you end your phrase to mark the end of the loop. Most of the songs in my link are done with the G3 looper.

This.

I have that pedal & never experienced what you're describing without it being caused by user error. Getting the start & end of loops spot on sometimes takes a bit of practice, but once you've got a loop properly set up it will play forever until you tell it to stop.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
I'll throw out another possibility. The looper can be set to record for a redetermined number of quarter notes. If you set it for more quarter notes than fit in 40 sec it will just record 40 sec. In that case you will need to go into the setting and change it back to using the footswitch to end the loop.
^ Good call, I haven't found that option yet, I only ever use the start/stop footswitch!
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud

from the Picture above, when I want to use the looper for eg. 40 sec,the record bar is begin until it reach the end.
My Problem is when it reach the end of the record bar, the phrase stop for a while and begin again from the begining of the bar.
Is it normal ? or it's supposed to play on and on until forever ?
It is unlikely that you will use the looper for 40sec. By that I mean that it's unlikely that your tempo and the end of the measure will end at exactly 40 sec. You should hit the footswitch to end the loop before the bar reaches the end. Are you playing something until the progress bar reaches the end? If you are then there should be no dead space. Just a loop that has a terrible glitch in the sound at the loop point.

Something tells me you need to look at your looper settings. Does it say "Manual" above the Rec button?
^+1. You have to hit the switch again immediately after your last note/chord. It seems like you're letting it record the whole 40 seconds, not good. I'm sure there's a youtube video that'll show you how it works.

Also, it takes a lil practice to use a looper effectively, be patient.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
Thank you for your +1 support lucky1978 but I'm going to disagree. You do not hit the button immediately after the last note/chord. You hit the button on the first beat of the measure after the last note/chord. I also recommend for seamless loops that you play at least the first note/chord of the measure while hitting the switch. One more recommendation if you are not using a precount. Be playing when you start the loop. That way when you end it the strings are ringing from before you started in the beginning of the loop and it further masks the loop point.
Quote by fly135
Thank you for your +1 support lucky1978 but I'm going to disagree. You do not hit the button immediately after the last note/chord. You hit the button on the first beat of the measure after the last note/chord. I also recommend for seamless loops that you play at least the first note/chord of the measure while hitting the switch. One more recommendation if you are not using a precount. Be playing when you start the loop. That way when you end it the strings are ringing from before you started in the beginning of the loop and it further masks the loop point.

This.

But mostly this:
Quote by lucky1978
Also, it takes a lil practice to use a looper effectively, be patient.

When I use the looper on my G3, I find it helps to have one of the rhythm beats going as a metronome to keep the time.

Everything I'm reading here says practice is the answer though.
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Pretty sure the manual tells you the diff, but without looking I'd say....

When you press stop:
Stop - stops the loop
Finish - stops the loop at the end of the loop
Fade Out - Fades out.

I always use Stop, but I should give Fade Out a try.
Quote by r4sha

from the Picture above, when I want to use the looper for eg. 40 sec,the record bar is begin until it reach the end.
My Problem is when it reach the end of the record bar, the phrase stop for a while and begin again from the begining of the bar.
Is it normal ? or it's supposed to play on and on until forever ?

Look up the word "loop".

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??