Hi there im new on this site :-) My problem is that, i'm a bit torn a part ive allrdy made some overkills by buying a USB mixer and i found i had the M-Audio laying around. i Work in reaper and need to rec. mostly guitars and vocals, and some of my friends says a line6 would be a good choice im just tired of spending money on overkills. any suggestions ? i want it to be as easy as possible. will the USB mixer bee enuff, i know ill miss out the all the Preamps software etc. from the line6. sorry im so confused...
Line6 just sound like cool guitar effects to get different sounds for recording. A usb interface is enough for recording. You do need a feature on your usb interface in order to run a condenser mic but I forget what it's called.
What is the M-Audio you have hanging around? It might be just the ticket.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
How many inputs will you need? I had a firefly 302 usb interface which was pretty good and didn't kill my bank balance. You can pick them up on ebay for between 30-100 quid.