I've uploaded a tab, that is still pending for approval (Although I'm sure it's pretty much perfect), in GPX format. Someone in the comments has requested that I upload it in GP5 format. I dislike using GP5 as it just doesn't have the sound quality that GPX has. But how do I go about this? Do more people have GP5? Should I just keep uploading in GPX due to the increased quality?
The majority of users still use gp5, one reason is that Tux, the free software that many use, supports gp5 but not gpx.

GPX is great and I think you should use it if it's how you made the tab. Anyone who cares enough about tabs or tabbing should have at least access to GP6 at this point (it's been out 3 years) - and if they don't, there are converters online.

If you want more people to find your tab useful though, make a gp5 export and post a link in the first comment of your tab. That way, gp5 users can find your tab because you'll usually get requests for gp5 in PM or in comments anyway.
I've suggested UG makes it possible to upload a tab in several formats (so you could have both gpx and gp5, pdf/txt/midi etc) but at the moment it's still not possible.
Quote by fanapathy
The majority of users still use gp5, one reason is that Tux, the free software that many use, supports gp5 but not gpx.

GPX is great and I think you should use it if it's how you made the tab. Anyone who cares enough about tabs or tabbing should have at least access to GP6 at this point (it's been out 3 years) - and if they don't, there are converters online.

If you want more people to find your tab useful though, make a gp5 export and post a link in the first comment of your tab. That way, gp5 users can find your tab because you'll usually get requests for gp5 in PM or in comments anyway.
I've suggested UG makes it possible to upload a tab in several formats (so you could have both gpx and gp5, pdf/txt/midi etc) but at the moment it's still not possible.

Thanks a lot man Yeah I agree, I think it should be possible to upload in multiple formats.