I am a beginner and planning to buy an electric guitar .I mostly play alternative,hard and punk rock (green day,linkin park,all American rejects) .I would like to know what kind of guitar suits me the best
1.type of pickups (HH or HSS)
2.with or without tremolo : the only problem I read with having it is tuning,but I also have a doubt that if it is so close to the strings how is it possible to strum really fast I mean wouldn't we hit it on the way or is there anyway to keep a tremolo arm bend away from the strings so that I will get more strumming space

I am in real doubt if the tremolo will prevent me from fast strumming ...help me out here guys
What's your amp and what's your budget? Those two answers will help us a lot in giving you better recommendations.
my budget for guitar is around 200-300$ actually I hav selected some guitars my only confusion is bout the tremolo (hw far it can limit my strumming) and the pickups
the guitars I have selected are : Fender Squier California Series Fat Strat(HSS with tremolo) ,ESP LTD M-10(HH without tremolo),Ibanez GRX40 (HSS with tremolo)..and the amp is Ibanez IBZ15GR-U
For under $500 I wouldn't even touch a trem that wasn't one you couldn't just set the springs to pull the trem flush to the body.
The cheaper ESP ECs can be very dodgy, I played about 3 different ones (all EC-100 or below) in a local guitar shop one time and they just had no character. Do you really need to get a guitar so soon that you can't save up for a better one? Unless you go used, saving's your best option. Then you can look at the EC-256 series or above.

On the topic of trems, I never had Bigsbys or floating trems obstruct my playing style. They were made to be convenient, and you can always put the trem arm aside if you don't need it.
If you look around, you could find a nice Mexican fat strat or maybe an Agile. $250 and you have enough for a little practice amp.

Like a Peavey Vyper.
thanks guys ,as one of you suggested I have found an Epiphone SG Special ,Epiphone Les Paul Special II LTD and ESP LTD M-10 which one is the best option ??
Quote by viruxinfiltrat
thanks guys ,as one of you suggested I have found an Epiphone SG Special ,Epiphone Les Paul Special II LTD and ESP LTD M-10 which one is the best option ??

None of them. Best save up your money and/or go used.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee