So i'm halfway through a string change and i'm worried my guitar's gonna explode into a pile of sawdust.

The guitar: Ibanez ICT700 the strings: Dunlop Zakk wylde 10-13-17-36-52-60

Will i have to make any adjustments or will it be okay? Because i know those are some huuge strings
Yeah absolutely you will, especially if you're changing from 9's or even standard 10's.. most importantly the nut slots, they're not even going to be close to right.. and you will have to adjust the truss rod, unless you're doing a lower tuning than what you did before, and you will certainly have to adjust the intonation.
Oh okay, thanks!

For now i'll stick to less extreme strings and keep those in reserve
Quote by Sir Stoney
Do these strings make me look fat?

Huge
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
You are switching to drop C I assume? I've used the Wylde sets for drop C but I always found the 052 for the 5th string is WAY too tight for G, I always took that one out and use a 042 on the 5th string instead.
EGC Baritone | ESP M-I | Gibson LP Jr
BC Rich USA ST3 | Fender Telecaster
VHT/Fryette GP3 | Verellen Meatsmoke pre | Mesa 2:90
Soldano HR50+ | Marshall 2203KK | Krank RevJr 50 | Holden 50
Orange PPC412 | Laney GS412 | Mesa Thiele 112 | Alron 115
On topic, id use 10-52 for drop C.
those 10-60 are a fair bit big tbh.
No way would i use them for anything higher.
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
Quote by Carrot
On topic, id use 10-52 for drop C.
those 10-60 are a fair bit big tbh.
No way would i use them for anything higher.

10/52 is only good for drop D really, 60 is perfect for C.
If you only play chuggy mid-speed downstroke nu metal stuff then loose strings are alright, it's a hell of a time if you try to play trem-picking black/death stuff with loose strings though.
EGC Baritone | ESP M-I | Gibson LP Jr
BC Rich USA ST3 | Fender Telecaster
VHT/Fryette GP3 | Verellen Meatsmoke pre | Mesa 2:90
Soldano HR50+ | Marshall 2203KK | Krank RevJr 50 | Holden 50
Orange PPC412 | Laney GS412 | Mesa Thiele 112 | Alron 115
if it helps any, i use 11-52's on my jackson V with a floating trem, i play in standard D

and my buddy uses i believe 12-56's (or something like that, they're called "ernie ball not even slinky") in his ibanez RG series with a floating trem, he plays in standard B
I realize you are talking about the lower strings. If you are going to C, i would think that the .10 would be sloppy. I use . 11-50ish in std. For reference sake.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
I use 11 - 49 on my 7 with a 66 for the Low B. I find the strings a bit loose if I go to drop C, but it's totally fine for half a step above that. If I tune UP to C standard (C F A# D# G# C F), the low C feels thick, but it's still easily playable. If you're going to drop C, you'll want heavier high strings. This is totally dependent on what tuning you're going for though.
Quote by Neopowell the PUSO
Girls, stuck for a present? Get your man a remote control helicopter. Guys fucking love remote control helicopters.

Mah gear

Ibanez RG350mdx w/ SD TB-6
Ibanez RG7321 <3
Vyper 15
Ashdown EB 12-180 EVO II Combo

7>6!
No one's asked what tuning he's going to. People have assumed but he hasn't said what he's trying to tune these strings to. Or on what neck scale. The problem with string threads is everyone has a COMPLETELY different taste in how thick they want their strings and seem to make no note of what scale they run that on. It's pointless.
"Air created the greenness. And once you've got something, that leads to otherness." - Karl Pilkington.
OP- go buy a few packs of different strings. If you order online they are cheap. Try different gauge strings.

Figure out what works for you.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
^what i did, the Zakk set being what i most wanted to dry because i imagine that 60 low E would sound beautiful, currently got Ernie Ball heavy bottom's on, i'm not up for messing around truss rods and intonation shit atm, but thanks everyone for the help <3
it all depends how strong your fingers are and what tone you want.

when I was in a jazz band in school I used 11-56 in E standard. So 10-60 in drop c doesn't seem bad at all to me.. Although nowadays for metal, I use 10-46 regulars in Drop C and they're not honestly that loose IMO.