18 13%
Voters: 135.
Page 1 of 3
Chemistry 2
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Quote by Weaponized
I always liked English a whole lot, wish I could pursue a major that payed in that field.

This is possibly the biggest fail I have ever seen in the Pit.
Quote by Overlord
It's not hard to be nice, but it's nice to be hard
Its going to sound weird, but it was Geometry sophomore year. I think its because he was such a great teacher. He knew how to keep you involved, and explained things so clearly anyone could understand and at the same time he had a sense of humor and didn't take himself too seriously. I ended up with a 102% in that class, best grade I ever had. I don't think I cracked more than a B in every other math class I had.
'93 Gibson LP Studio (498T/490R)-Ebony
'14 Gibson LP Standard (JB/Jazz)-Ocean Water Perimeter
Epi MKH LP Custom-7 (SD Custom Shop JB-7)-Ebony
+More

Maxon od808|Boss NS-2|Boss CE-5|
Line6 G55|Korg Pitchblack Pro

JVM 210h|1960a(V30/G12t-75)
Quote by Carnivean

Boohoo, go cry about it to your mommy.

Maybe math
Autos

Teacher didn't give a shit about anything, we use to bring in our guitars & jam while the hicks did oil changes.
Last edited by AxeToFall at Oct 4, 2013,
English was always my favorite subject, but art was my favorite class. Mostly because our teacher was cool as hell and let us do whatever we want the whole time. We only had like 4 or 5 days of serious work. And that was basically draw whatever the hell you want so I can give you a passing grade.
Quote by SGstriker
If KFC is finger-licking good, then people would probably suck dicks for Popeyes. That's how good it is.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Quote by -Mantra-
Boohoo, go cry about it to your mommy.

Maybe math

/wants to pursue English as a major
/can't write a proper sentence/spell correctly
Quote by Overlord
Band music, jazz, or guitar class. Lol i had third spare in grade 12 with guitar class right after. Best semester of my life. That spare period was right before lunch so i had literally 2 hours to do dick all before i went and played guitar for class for another 75 minutes.

Usually we'd all just jam before getting into the lesson part of the class, so i used to go and get super baked before guitar class and then just rock out lol.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Quote by Carnivean
/wants to pursue English as a major
/can't write a proper sentence/spell correctly

It was only missing a period or semicolon where the comma was. There would be an implied I before the second sentence.

Quit being a cunt.

I liked band and English mostly.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by BladeSlinger
It was only missing a period or semicolon where the comma was. There would be an implied I before the second sentence.

Quit being a cunt.

I liked band and English mostly.

You should get payed for your proofreading skills.
Quote by Overlord
Quote by Carnivean

Oh please, you exaggerating bastard, it's not even close.
Quote by Carnivean
You should get payed for your proofreading skills.

notsureifserious

I did get paid to do that for a college this summer. Part of the whole pursuing an English degree thing.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
You got PAID, not payed. Payed is an archaic term. He's making a bigger deal out of it than he should, but it's still kinda funny.
Quote by BladeSlinger
notsureifserious

I did get paid to do that for a college this summer. Part of the whole pursuing an English degree thing.

Nice I'm glad you got PAID. ****ing Christ it took you like an hour. You also missed that mistake in the OP despite being an English major yourself.
Quote by Overlord
Last edited by Carnivean at Oct 4, 2013,
Quote by Carnivean

its a god damned off topic forum on a guitar website. fuck him for not being 100% proper with his typing.
P.E cos I got to play footie with the lads m8

Doing trampolining with the girls was pretty sick when I was 14.
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
Last edited by I.O.T.M at Oct 4, 2013,
Quote by soundgarden1986
its a god damned off topic forum on a guitar website. fuck him for not being 100% proper with his typing.

He talks about wanting to MAJOR IN ENGLISH. Is that not just a tinsy bit amusing?

"I uhh, I wood lyke, uhh, I wood lyke to due Englesh as a mayjer in college. Thank you"
Quote by Overlord
Quote by Carnivean
He talks about wanting to MAJOR IN ENGLISH. Is that not just a tinsy bit amusing?

"I uhh, I wood lyke, uhh, I wood lyke to due Englesh as a mayjer in college. Thank you"

Alright, here's the thing. No one gives a shit. Besides his punctuation, he was perfectly fine. He wasn't using prescriptive English grammar but no one actually speaks that way. He was typing in a way that possibly mirrors how he speaks and what he typed is perfectly grammatical when you aren't adhering to prescriptive grammar. It isn't my job to correct everyone. It isn't an English major's job to be perfect at spelling and grammar. English simply doesn't allow it.

Quit being a cunt.
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Biology because my Bio teacher was the coolest dude you could imagine. I still look up to him today.
Quote by BladeSlinger
Alright, here's the thing. No one gives a shit. Besides his punctuation, he was perfectly fine. He wasn't using prescriptive English grammar but no one actually speaks that way. He was typing in a way that possibly mirrors how he speaks and what he typed is perfectly grammatical when you aren't adhering to prescriptive grammar. It isn't my job to correct everyone. It isn't an English major's job to be perfect at spelling and grammar. English simply doesn't allow it.

Quit being a cunt.

You still didn't catch that he mispelled "paid" as "payed"? ****ing hell man lol. I'm not trying to be mean. I'm just trying to explain why it's amusing.
Quote by Overlord
I enjoyed history the most, the teachers made games out of everything and made the class fun. Chemistry was cool cause of all the fireballs and junk my teacher would produce. And PE was great because of the people and sports the teachers would make up.

It's all better than lectures at my university
Quote by archangels

No one cares, huh? Nobody at all? Riiiiiiiiiight.

Nobody cares about the OP that much. I have started getting annoyed with constant spelling correction when the mistakes are small.

I really don't see why a simple mistake over some homophones is amusing.
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Maybe sociology, just because I ended up really loving a lot of the students and the discussions we had

had nothing to do with the curriculum
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
all my ap classes i had amazing teachers and i was lucky to have them from ap english to physics all the teachers really cared i still sometimes go visit and hang out with some of my old teachers
Quote by Weaponized
I always liked English a whole lot, wish I could pursue a major that payed in that field.

You could. Depends on what you liked in English though. If you liked literature then your best bet is a career in education. If it's the writing or reading or analysis part of it, then go with something more useful like communication, advertising or anything that will lead you to become a copy writer/editor. They make a lot of money.

I made the mistake of majoring in English. Totally killed any creative flow I had going on. But I work in publishing now so it's ok.
Quote by Jackal58
Nothing is stranger than being anonymous.
Have to admit it was quite ironic. Whats funnier is how people have reacted, pretty funny.

English was my best subject in terms of ease. Got the best results in it and it was sometimes enjoyable.

PSE was probably the best as it was just an excuse to do nothing for an hour. All we ever did was watch a film/tv or piss about on games on computers.

PE was pretty awesome too if we were playing football, I didn't pick PE as an option so it was pretty much like having a fun competitive game.

Welsh was pretty easy, teacher did pretty much all the work for us haha.

Now I do A2 Media, A2 Film and AS Graphics in college. Did AS Computing but was ****ing solid so I dropped it.
Pop culture. All we basically did was watch videos and play video games. Never really had any assignments either.
Art
"Pain or damage don't end the world nor despair, nor fuckin' beatings. The world ends when you're dead, until then you have more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back."
Page 1 of 3