I know there are different schools of thought on this one but im just wondering what kind of feedback i can get from UG. I have a crybaby wah im adding to my digitech multi effects pedal. I tried hooking it in both positions with one giving me a stronger wah sound but some more interference in the amp and the other giving me less wah sound but no interference, any feedback of what you think is best would be much appreciated
Simple. If you wanna use fx AND wah you have to put it after. Unless you have an fx loop, in case you can run the wah in the front and the multifx in the fx loop.

Edit: If gumbi says its best before, it's probably best before. I rarely use a wah and he's far more knowledgable about gear than I am. I set mine up after but it does get noisy and muddled with more fx.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
Last edited by lucky1978 at Oct 5, 2013,
before the mfx.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
haha so some more conflicting answers, which is fine, but to to get it straight when we say before or after we do mean guitar then effects after that, not amp and effects after that
Quote by xSublime216x
haha so some more conflicting answers, which is fine, but to to get it straight when we say before or after we do mean guitar then effects after that, not amp and effects after that

guitar -> wah -> mfx -> amp

or if you use an effects loop

guitar -> wah -> amp

amp fx send -> mfx -> amp fx receive

mind you there is no hard rules, this is just a common way of doing it. some multi effects even have their own fx loops where you can place the wah somewhere within the signal chain of the mfx. my answer is just a general one without taking specific equipment or desires into consideration.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Try both, see which you prefer. There is no correct answer.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Try both.

I would make sure it's before any delay though.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Place it where you want and where you like it best, really. I had my wah in the FX loop for a while, for instance.
wah before = wah sound on guitar
wah after= wah sound on effects+guitar

for example: your using a delay on the mfx and have the wah sound Before....youl get a delay´d wah and if you put it after your whaing the delay ;-)

...there is no right or wrong, most prefer having the wah right after the guitar but it really depends what sound your looking for
I believe in god, jesus and the holy ghost.....or as i call them Angus, Kirk and Lemmy
I agree, I prefer my wah 1st in my chain but there is not right or wrong way, just prefrence
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
It also depends on your wah pedal... Some Wah's don't like being before dirt.