So, I bought Amplitube 3 to mess around with and record some things.

My laptop has a Realtek HD sound card.

In the midi settings under the ASIOforallV2 settings, the primary input are the mic inputs 1 and 2 and the output is the speakers via the sound card.

What I'm getting, even through headphones, is a very static-y, muffled sound. I've played with the midi settings over and over with no improvement.

Am I missing something here?

Thanks in advance.
Quote by deepfat
So, I bought Amplitube 3 to mess around with and record some things.

My laptop has a Realtek HD sound card.

In the midi settings under the ASIOforallV2 settings, the primary input are the mic inputs 1 and 2 and the output is the speakers via the sound card.

What I'm getting, even through headphones, is a very static-y, muffled sound. I've played with the midi settings over and over with no improvement.

Am I missing something here?

Thanks in advance.

You're missing an external interface...
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Quote by Arby911
You're missing an external interface...

So you can't just plug in to the mic input with the 1/4 to 1/8 adapter? I also have a 1/4 to usb cable as well.
Quote by deepfat
So you can't just plug in to the mic input with the 1/4 to 1/8 adapter? I also have a 1/4 to usb cable as well.

Well sure you can, if you enjoy a very static-y, muffled sound...

Seriously, get a decent interface.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Quote by Arby911
Well sure you can, if you enjoy a very static-y, muffled sound...

Seriously, get a decent interface.

Gotcha. So, just a plug n play interface. Will there be anything special to do once i get it?
I have the iRig and it's got nothing on my actual interface. There are many interfaces you could get for a decent price. The iRig isn't really worth it in my opinion
the deal blackfire proposed looked really good, but if you are looking to just spend less, then you can get by with a Tascam US100:

http://www.guitarcenter.com/TASCAM-US-100-USB-Audio-Interface-106541899-i1478020.gc

these are simple and are plug'n play(as long as you have ASIO4ALL of course). I have no noise or lag problems with mine and these things are built like tanks. the picture makes it look like cheap plastic, but its actually sturdy and kind of weighty galvanized metal. definitely great for recording guitar.
Marty Friedman is GOD!

curently in a SEX MACHINEGUNS and X JAPAN phase AND Galneryus AND Anthem phase

damn J-Metal, why you so awesome

My Gear:

Schecter Hellraiser V-1 fr
Ibanez RG321mh
Fender GDC-200sce
Peavey Vypyr 30 w/ sanpera 1
Last edited by bustapr at Oct 4, 2013,