Alright so I just played a gig about a week ago and my amp was working fine , I just bought a bugera 333xl infinium not that long ago ( about a month or so) , and I just got my stuff home I plugged it in and its sounds all farty and it distorts instantly , the volume jumps and its all over the place, I tried different chords and guitars I tried it with no petals and it still sounds like this please help im new to tube amps so any help would be much appreciated
Sounds like a tube problem but these amps are kind of sketchy anyway so it could be anything. I'd start by making sure all the tubes are seated (pushed down) real good and maybe rotate some of them around and note any changes. If nothing changes and it is still messed up then I would take it to a reputable amp tech. I am assuming you bought it used?

v....Yeah. Get some new power tubes before taking it to a tech. That is what I meant to throw in. The tubes Bugera uses are crap.
Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at Oct 5, 2013,
Sounds like a power tube has gone. You'll need to replace them if it has.

Is it a 2 channel amp? Does it happen on all channels ?
Epiphone Les Paul Plus Top
Jet City JCA5212RC (SLO Modded)
Ibanez WD7 Wah
Mad Professor Sweet Honey Overdrive
TC Electronic Flashback Triple Delay
TC Electronic Trinity Reverb
It might be the power tubes. When my peavey jsx power tubes were giving out my amp sounded all farty and the clean channel was distorted. I put some fresh Mesa 6l6s and problem solved. If you have Active pickups you might want to check your battery.
Marty Friedman+Jason Becker=Cacophony
Mesa tubes are relables. Just go JJ.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/