Hey guys! I'm going to cover "Hatebreeder" by COB and in the second solo at 4:03 there's a lick which goes something like this:

e-------------15---------------------15-16-17-19-18-17---------------------15-----15-17b----
a-15-16-17----17-16-15-16-17--------------------------x-x-x-15-16-17-----17--------------

Now the notes which I have jotted down as x's I can't figure out. It sounds a bit like 20-19-18 but my ear isn't the best. I've looked at tabs but they don't sound the same as the song when I have it slowed down and I can't suss it out. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated!

Here is the song:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-InrrfJww9Q

Cheers!
Quote by luxeion
i keep asking my dad for wood. but he keeps getting annoyed (he's working on a house). and i'm too young to go outside.

Oh, I forgot to add: the song is in D Standard
Quote by luxeion
i keep asking my dad for wood. but he keeps getting annoyed (he's working on a house). and i'm too young to go outside.

Went ahead and transcribed it from here to get it right, didn't listen for exact string switching when he does the ascending harmony but whatever you already have that down.

First set of notes in the part you requested is probably intended to be a triplet but timing wise is off, as are a couple other notes, but these are good.

Last note, I don't exactly know how he produces this harmonic but the pitch is D-D#.

Edit: I checked out a couple of tabs of this song now, most of them got the rhythm wrong in this part by a quarter note (measures start in between beats, not on them..I forget the fancy word for it) and based on a pretty big mistake like that I don't know if I would trust them much, 5 stars or not One seemed good though. Cheers and GL on the cover!
Last edited by fanapathy at Oct 10, 2013,
Whoah man! Thanks for taking the time to tab that out, it was bugging me for a while! Sounds great though, and I'll definitely go with it. Are you talking about the timing in the way I tabbed it, or the way it's played in the song? Because I ain't very great at tabbing out stuff.

Anyways, I'm waiting for my signature Alexi Laiho strings (Call me somewhat of a fanboy ) So I can get down in D and record it/make a vid. I'll glady send you a link of it when it's done! You helped me make it that much better
Quote by luxeion

Cool no it's just the way it's played, it's normal, even though Alexi plays really accurate really fast. This song is really good, I miss this sound from their first albums - amazing melodies.