i want to make my guitar that has humbuckers in it sound like a tele... it can split the coils but that doesn't do much... i've seen videos of people taking off the screw of the humbuckers but mine still have the cover on so i can't do that... does anyone got any idea? its in ibanez btw with a 5 way switch.
Taking out the screws from a humbucker doesn't make a huge difference IMO. Especially compared to splitting.

Personally I'd probably just find a cheap tele.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
1. Sell Ibanez.

2. Buy Telecaster.

3. ?????

4. Profit!

In all seriousness, the only way to get a "tele" sound is to obtain a tele. It's the single coil pickups; the bolt on; maple twang; hollowness under pickguard etc etc. that give the telecaster sound.
"Air created the greenness. And once you've got something, that leads to otherness." - Karl Pilkington.
Last edited by Lavatain at Oct 5, 2013,
Quote by Lavatain
1. Sell Ibanez.

2. Buy Telecaster.

3. ?????

4. Profit!

In all seriousness, the only way to get a "tele" sound is to obtain a tele. It's the single coil pickups; the bolt on; maple twang; hollowness under pickguard etc etc. that give the telecaster sound.

Agreed. You might be able to tweak your guitar and amp settings to make it more twangy, but it will never sound like a tele.
I'm so happy. I get to eat a muffin.
Quote by space aids
You are so happy to eat a muffin it's kinda scary.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
Goes around tryina light dudes on fire.
Quote by MakinLattes
Too much Sublime.

I tell a lie, there is no such thing.
You need a Tele to get a tele sound.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Buy a tele. You want a super cheap one? Get a Peavey Reactor. Or maybe one of those japanese Mako tele copies.