Any ideas? i want to try and get something used
style would be rock and metal and anything will do

thanks
Used HSS Mexistrat? Can we get more details?
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
Quote by necrosis1193
Used HSS Mexistrat? Can we get more details?

well im currently looking for is a good ibanez rg for 300 bucks.
As well as Ibanez I would look into the Yamaha RGX series.
Guitars & Gear:
Parker Nitefly M
Sumer Metal Driver
Ibanez RGD2120Z
AMT SS-11B
Two Notes Torpedo CAB
PRS SE singlecut
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by DeanoM50810
Are those really $300 in America? If so, European prices are outrageously overpriced...

Yeah used you can snag them for $250-$300 depending on condition. The Tremonti SE, CU22/24 and Santana SE for that price
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Hell, give me enough time to search and I bet I can find a PRS SE for $200.

Guitar prices are really depressed in the US right now.
I picked up a used SCHECTER C1-FR at a guitar center last month. Works really well for metal, imho.
Quote by samuraigoomba
Guitar prices are really depressed in the US right now.

Exactly! I picked up a MIJ '71 Cortez LP style guitar for $150. Plays and sounds amazing.

Guitar prices, here in the US, normally stoop low on the price range during the winter time. For some reason, it's just lower. But, then it rises (normally, that is) in the spring/summer time. This year, it has been virtually a flatline since the last winter. Good guitars are going for cheap prices.

I'm only saying this because it's what I've seen and experienced through Ebay for many years.

Edit: TS, I have an '87 Ibanez RG 760 and I love it! Go for an RG MIJ guitar. You might have to save a little bit more (like $500) but, it's worth the quality.
Last edited by Dimarzio45 at Oct 5, 2013,
I picked up a Gibson les paul studio for 300
with skb flight case and a epi
lp standard plus top pro for 100 with hardcase
just surfing clist guitars are real cheap in the
USA around college towns especially.
thanks guys for the replies
i just need a beater guitar so i can appreciate the quality of my esp custom and jackson rr1
Yeah, just go through Guitar Center's used stock. You can be assured that they keep their used gear competitive with online prices, so you're probably not going to get price gouged even if you don't haggle. I mean, they're selling Gibson LP and SG Studios for $400, that's pretty damn competitive pricing.

You can get better deals on Craigslist, but it's very hit-or-miss in my area. You have to find somebody who needs to sell an instrument right away and is willing to take a big loss on it. The people who aren't desperate usually price their gear a good $100 above the GC price for the same thing.
Plus, GC has a decent return policy. You don't necessarily get that with Craigslist and similar sites.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Quote by samuraigoomba
Yeah, just go through Guitar Center's used stock. You can be assured that they keep their used gear competitive with online prices, so you're probably not going to get price gouged even if you don't haggle. I mean, they're selling Gibson LP and SG Studios for $400, that's pretty damn competitive pricing.

You can get better deals on Craigslist, but it's very hit-or-miss in my area. You have to find somebody who needs to sell an instrument right away and is willing to take a big loss on it. The people who aren't desperate usually price their gear a good $100 above the GC price for the same thing.

I dunno about Guitar Center's used pricing. I was looking for a Korg Kronos 73. New around $3700, GC's floor model price was $2700 plus about $250 tax. I missed it (told them to put it in the back for me and I'd be back in the morning with cash; next morning came back and found they'd sold it to my salesman's bandmate for $2400). I found one on Craigslist for $1500 with a hardshell case. Pristine. Took me three additional days.

I'm not sure that LP and SG studios are a great barometer for pricing; they're pretty thick on the ground here in LA, and easy to buy but tough to sell. By the same token, Agiles are being priced at nearly brand new price. At one point I looked at two Gibson L6S's they had available (shipped in). The prices they had were not only high, but the guitars were crap. What the salesman described wasn't what arrived. I eventually took a chance on an eBay L6S that was half the price but that looked a bit dinged in the photos. It turned out that the dings were fingerprints and light reflections and that the guitar (a mid-70's) was virtually brand new. I recently looked at a used but pretty high-end LP at GC. Their pricing was around $2400 plus local sales tax of over $200, and I thought that was actually fairly good pricing for what it was, but decided to haggle. I offered $2000 out the door. The manager balked. I explained that the guitar was going to be hanging on the wall for months; it was too expensive for the area and it was too blingy for the current fashion of flat black, no binding, etc. Two months later I walked in and the manager trotted out saying, "Okay, I'm down for selling that guitar. Let's deal!" I'll end up paying $1800 out the door for it.
for $300?

used G&L tribute.

the problem is, it will have you looking at your expensive guitars differently than you're expecting.
You can find a good ibanez S470 for around $330.
I'm so happy. I get to eat a muffin.
Quote by space aids
You are so happy to eat a muffin it's kinda scary.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
Goes around tryina light dudes on fire.
Quote by MakinLattes
Too much Sublime.

I tell a lie, there is no such thing.