I can play the solo, except for the last part, I cannot play it at the same speed, I'm practicing it, and even though, I can play it faster, is not even close to slash's speed

worst of all, is I don't know what fingers to use

Here is the part

|----------12-----------------12--------------------12-------------------12----------|
|-15b17----15p12--------------15p12-15b17------15p12--------------15p12-|
|----------------------14b16-------------------------------------14b16--------------|
|-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

|----------12------------------12-------------------12---------------12------------15b17-|
|-15b17-----15p12--------------15p12-15b17----15p12-----12--- 15p12-----------|
|-----------------------14b16-----------------------------------14---------------------------|
|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

here is the fingering i use

the best for bending, but since you using the 3rd finger for 2 consecutive bends, it requires more strength, and that slows you down, gets tiredsome

3 1 3 1 3

|-----------12--------------------
|-15b17--------15p12-------------
|----------------------------14b16----
|---------------------------------------
|-------------------------------------
|--------------------------------------

there are other possible finger positions

this one below uses the second finger, but lacks strength for the full bend

3 1 3 1 2

this one uses the 4th finger for the pull off, allowing more strength for the 3rd finger bending, but it also slows you down since you are using more fingers

3 1 4 1 3

So, I don't know which of these 3 possible finger positions is the best to execute this lick with ease, I'm using the first one, which allows for better bending strength, I'm the fastest on that one, but it also slows you down, and gets tiresome on the fingers
Last edited by lalopunk at Oct 5, 2013,
personally i'd use the second one (third finger for the 15th fret bend, 2nd finger for the 14th fret bend), but that's personal preference as much as anything. I'd also support both those bends with the first finger (the 14th fret) and the first and second fingers (15th fret). If you aren't doing that already.

Bear in mind he's also using a wah at that part which can make it sound faster than it is (though it's still pretty fast).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
personally i'd use the second one (third finger for the 15th fret bend, 2nd finger for the 14th fret bend), but that's personal preference as much as anything. I'd also support both those bends with the first finger (the 14th fret) and the first and second fingers (15th fret). If you aren't doing that already.

Bear in mind he's also using a wah at that part which can make it sound faster than it is (though it's still pretty fast).

I would like to know what fingers he is using for this part of the solo, do you know?

I'm gonna watch some videos

using the third finger for both bends, is really tiresome, so I start playing faster the first round, and the second, third, fourth round of bends, I get slower, due to my third finger getting weaker

if I use the second and third finger combination that you mentioned, my fingers get less tired, but I also play slower

I use want to find the best finger combination and practice with that, so I stop wasting time
Last edited by lalopunk at Oct 5, 2013,
Quote by lalopunk
I would like to know what fingers he is using for this part of the solo, do you know?

I'm gonna watch some videos

I have no clue, sorry. Yeah take a look on youtube, maybe you'll get lucky.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Here's the way I would personally play it. (seems the most natural/easiest

4 1 4p1 3 1

|-----------12--------------------------12
Last edited by Nitnatsnok at Oct 5, 2013,