Hey /ug/, im in the market for some new equipment, and have been looking around at different amp heads and have come to be a bit overwhelmed by the massive variety available, many with very targeted use. I play a lot of rock and heavy/progressive metal with six and seven string guitars, but I also love to play blues and jazz.

I'm looking for an amp head that would allow me to do all of this, and its not a problem if it requires the use of pedals to do so. I don't want anything that's solid state, but either hybrid or all tube is fine. I realize that a lot of "jack of all trades" products suffer from being decent at a lot of things but great at nothing, but hopefully there is something you can recommend that has real versatility without sacrificing on quality.
Hughes and Kettner Triamp.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
Quote by schecter ftw
Budget?

Mark V

If you have lots to spend, go this. If not, go for an Egnater Renegade.
Quote by telemetal
If you have lots to spend, go this. If not, go for an Egnater Renegade.

I honestly think the VH100R excels far more with the use of extended range guitars for heavies and still does excellent when playing blues and jazz than the Renegade. Just saying. I think it's a much better head for what he's asking to play.

But right on.
Quote by VishNuRoXoUt
I honestly think the VH100R excels far more with the use of extended range guitars for heavies and still does excellent when playing blues and jazz than the Renegade. Just saying. I think it's a much better head for what he's asking to play.

But right on.

VH100R would be sick too. The Renegade excels if you change tubes though, I've got KT88's in mine and it's monstrous. Br00tz for days and gets brilliant cleans.
Thankyou for all the responses, and as schecter ftw pointed out, I should have stated my budget. $1500 is about as high as I would want to go on, with around $1000 being the sweet spot. I will definately make sure to check out some of the ones that have been mentioned, the egnater and laney look promising. If I had no budget I would definitely buy a mark 5 though, those things are amazing. I would love to hear any more suggestions anyone may have with this new information.
I have a mkiv and a Sig:X. Like them very much. Both are solid contenders, got the sig for a grand shipped. Picked up the mkiv for $875 including new tubes in box.

I did own a renegade, imo they are overrated. But i never threw in kt88's i honestly like to hear a clip of it with kt88s
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by trashedlostfdup
I have a mkiv and a Sig:X. Like them very much. Both are solid contenders, got the sig for a grand shipped. Picked up the mkiv for $875 including new tubes in box.

I did own a renegade, imo they are overrated. But i never threw in kt88's i honestly like to hear a clip of it with kt88s

When I eventually get my recording set up sorted, I'll throw a few up and let you know man. Brilliant low end for days is all I can say. Great if you're like me and don't like a super bright tone.
Quote by telemetal
When I eventually get my recording set up sorted, I'll throw a few up and let you know man. Brilliant low end for days is all I can say. Great if you're like me and don't like a super bright tone.

Sounds good.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by VishNuRoXoUt
Mother ****ing Laney VH100R, dude. Do it. Cheap as hell used. Super awesome for all of it.

This.

I bought one (new) and I love every second I'm playing it and every note that goes through it.

However TS, if Laney is not your cup of tea, I wouldn't hesitate trying the Mark series of MesaBoogie amplifiers. They've got great cleans and great distortion, but very different voicing, at least if you're trying to compare it to Laney. The Royal Atlantic (RA) is a sort of british voiced Boogie amp and it sounds great too. Still, I can't recommend either too much cause I don't own one and haven't played through one. Plus, I'm not really a fan of the 'Boogie sound'.

You could also check ENGL out, especially Powerball. They're great amps.
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

Mesa Mark V/IV
Peavey JSX/XXX II
Mesa Roadking/Roadster
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate