What floorboard/fx pedal has the best sounding amp models closest to the real thing? Is my gut right in assuming it is the Line 6 POD HD500?
If you've got money then go and get yourself a Kemper Profiler or Axe FX. Otherwise the Line 6 stuff is pretty good.
Quote by AlongcameFred
If you've got money then go and get yourself a Kemper Profiler or Axe FX. Otherwise the Line 6 stuff is pretty good.

This

I can get totally legit tones with my Pod, it just needs more tweaking than most tube amps would.
If you're talking strictly floorboards, then probably the Lins 6 Pod HD500X. Modeling in general, definitely the Kemper Profiling Amp and the Fractal Axe Fx II.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
For the price, the POD HD500/500X can not be beat. The 11R is pretty good, but it will cost more because you need a MIDI controller
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
If you're looking at a multifx for it's amp models, I'm guessing this means you won't be playing through an amp?

If so, does that mean you'll be using it for recording (or just playing through a PC)?

If that's the answer, you'll be just as well off downloading amp sims as VST plugins - and you'll save loads of money. There's a sticky with loads of recommendations over in the recordsings forum.

Obviously a lot of assumptions in that recommendation though, so if I'm wrong feel free to ignore.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud