Page 1 of 2
This is a spinoff of the madcap's thread. Don't get me wrong, I love nature, but I also love living in a city and marveling at how this place went from an inhospitable disgusting swamp to...a city I guess. So post pics of things humans have created or manipulated in their surroundings that are nice to look at. You can include artificial gardens and waterfalls and stuff like that too. Doesn't have to be focused on architecture (though I do like it), I just also get excited about stuff like competent city planning and rapid sustainable urbanization while maintaining aesthetics. Doesn't have to be a city either. Just post stuff that you wouldn't post in the other thread.

Post away. I will post pics later because I might actually go out and take some tomorrow, but for now here's the petronas towers (which I posted in the other thread).

Really shitty as a tourist attraction; overpriced inside, pollution makes going to the observation deck pointless most days, etc. But I just love how they look from the outside and how much power they carry even though they are are surrounded by so many other imposing buildings. You just have to stop and look and hold your breath.

I don't live there though; maybe if I did I wouldn't find them so visually appealing. But I feel that way about a lot of buildings and landscapes (stopping and looking i mean) where I live so maybe I just like stopping to look at things?

cat
Quote by The Madcap
Fuck you bitch. Nobody spins off my threads.

Post a nice picture already
cat
those last 2 are gross
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
I hate man made structures. Unless it is in nature and fits in perfectly.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Cleveland's finest.

██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
Quote by willT08
Selfridges in Birmingham is absolutely surreal, I love it

That looks really out of place. Some futuristic looking building in some nice country town in England.
^ahh no I can't open that link on my phone I'll check it out later!

Quote by willT08

There's a mall here that looks like that! I can't find a good pic atm I'll post it later.

But it looks more normal haha, the juxtaposition in your pic though
cat
The titanic centre in Belfast is pretty cool, right beside my college as well:

Quote by Duffman123
That looks really out of place.

That's why I like it. It is in the middle of Birmingham though, not some county town

EDIT:
I hate man made structures. Unless it is in nature and fits in perfectly.
Oh I get it. This is another thing where you're all stuck in the past like with your bloody real instruments. You guys need to join me on the #futurethinking hype

Broadcasting place in Leeds. I'm sure you can appreciate the beauty.
Spare a Cow
Eat a Vegan
downtown ottawa

the picture doesn't really do it justice

I always wanted to see the Gateway Arch in St. Louis. I just find it fascinating that someone paid to build a standalone arch right next to the city.

I second the cathedral notion. Going over the Renaissance in my Euro History class now and the beauty of the architecture is just astounding.
Quote by Skullivan
I always wanted to see the Gateway Arch in St. Louis. I just find it fascinating that someone paid to build a standalone arch right next to the city.

I second the cathedral notion. Going over the Renaissance in my Euro History class now and the beauty of the architecture is just astounding.

As someone currently living in St.Louis, I can tell you it's pretty neat. You can go up to the the top and feel it wobble lol

There's also a museum under it.
The Harry Potter room at UW Seattle:

Love being in there
My God, it's full of stars!
Having lived in Ottawa, I can attest to its beauty. There's a gorgeous view of Parliament Hill from the Museum of Civilization in Gatineau, QC. It's so nice because in the late spring/early summer, everything is in full bloom, so it looks like this:

And then it's like like a winter wonderland with the snow:

Hell, it even looks bad ass on stormy days:

--------------╯╰--------------
A SIGNATURE.
--------------╮╭--------------

Soumaya museum, Mexico City
Quote by Våd Hamster
Fuck yes you are the best poster ever

do you wanna hear a little piano composition I have just made?, I promise it don't totally sucks, you can hear it on my profile, any feedback would be really appreciated -C4C
This year I went on a road trip to Umbria. All the little medieval towns on the hills looked amazing. Assisi is probably the most famous, and also one of the most beautiful.

Forza Juve

'e voglia 'e mettere rum, chi nasce strunz' nun po' addiventà babbà
Prague is a beautiful sight when you're up high enough to see the whole city. I've been there four times and I never get bored of it. Google images suck.

Gibson Les Paul BFG Gator
Line6 James Tyler Variax JTV-69
Line6 Pod HD500
Blackheart Handsome Devil
Philadelphia art museum always looks nice

And this is right outside one of my classrooms

___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by Minkaro

We're not very good at buildings here <_<.

sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Quote by JohnnyGenzale

I'm just gonna say Göteborgsoperan.
Quote by Todd Hart
Shooting your friends with a real gun is a definite faux pas.

Quote by mystical_1
Professor Plum in the Studio with a new Amp

Quote by snipelfritz
If only I were the only one at home right now. I don't need my parents asking who Mr. Wiggles is.
I was going to make a Skyrim joke in the other thread, but it actually makes sense here. So Skyrim.

/livesinEngland
When this is finished, it will be amazing.

Quote by willT08

I ended up in Birmingham accidentally once, that was one of the first things I saw while I was there, was like "whoa dafuk"
🙈 🙉 🙊
Page 1 of 2