Now I know that this song is unfinished, so i can understand if you guys think it is premature to ask for criticism at this stage, especially since there are not any vocals and the drums cut out after the second verse because he did not finish recording his part yet, plus some people were talking as we were recording, so some mumbling showed up in the song. I really just put it up so that I could get an idea as to what people like and dislike about it. I would love criticism/feedback for that reason. I can already tell by listening back that we have to fix the breakdown at 2:43 because as people have told me, it ruins the flow of the song and I can hear that now. Anyway, thanks to those who help. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvKJgCXtsNA
Recording?

This honestly sounds like a drum machine and a guitar synth.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Quote by ChemicalFire
Recording?

This honestly sounds like a drum machine and a guitar synth.

Well, sorry. There is not much I could do about the quality. You have to use what you have, you know? and in my case, that is very Lo-fi and limited. We weren't using an acoustic drum set, just a really old beat up electric set. So that may be why you think it sounds like a drum machine, and everyone keeps saying the lead guitar sounds like a synth, it is just guitars and drums. No synth is involved anywhere in this song.
Disregarding the quality, it's sounds like a metal version of a song you'd find on a nintendo game.
that guitar tone is god awful. does sound like a video game at parts though.
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
If you break it down into it's individual parts it's not terrible. So long as you're listening to that one part. But put together it's a complete mess. Nothing transitioned into anything, and you lost me about 45 seconds in. And then at the 1:07 mark I was about done with it.

I'm sorry if I came off as harsh but these riffs and stuff just don't fit together. They'd be GREAT in different songs. Just not all put together.

Also, of note is that I think these'd all make GREAT intros for other songs.
Quote by AJScott
Disregarding the quality, it's sounds like a metal version of a song you'd find on a nintendo game.

I agree, I almost I wish I could put this in 8-bit to see what it would sound like haha. Kind of reminds me of my Megaman days.

Quote by funkbass369
that guitar tone is god awful. does sound like a video game at parts though.

I'm not trying to defend myself, but I have heard much worse guitar tones. I am starting to see though that it does sound kind of like a synth, like how alot of people are telling me.

Quote by Wrst_Plyr_Evr
If you break it down into it's individual parts it's not terrible. So long as you're listening to that one part. But put together it's a complete mess. Nothing transitioned into anything, and you lost me about 45 seconds in. And then at the 1:07 mark I was about done with it.

I'm sorry if I came off as harsh but these riffs and stuff just don't fit together. They'd be GREAT in different songs. Just not all put together.

Also, of note is that I think these'd all make GREAT intros for other songs.

I see exactly what you mean, I also thought the structuring was messed up. However I do think the chorus at 1:07 could fit in with some effort of tinkering around with the song. I could be wrong, but I definitely agree that the song is all over the place right now. You didn't come off as harsh man, no worries. I appreciate that everyone is trying to give some good criticism here. So thanks for the effort everyone.