Page 1 of 2

Hosted by Skullivan
Mafia in a nutshell:

FAQs:

Q: What is Mafia?
A: Mafia is, in short, a forum-based game of deception and logic. An uninformed majority known as Town vs an informed minority known as Scum. It is the goal of each of these teams to eliminate the other.

Q: How do I play Mafia?
A: A good member of ours, Coagulation, has made an illustration explaining how the typical Mafia game works.

I must note here that Day cycles last 48 hours, and Night cycles last 24 hours.

Q: "I don't think I'll be good at this because I am
-dumb
-easily distracted
-a woman
-gay
-far too intellectual for these plebeian minds
Should I still join?"

A: Yes! Each of those minorities is already represented in our community at OMGUS, so don't think you won't fit in well.

Q: "I don't think I'll be able to learn the game well. Should I still join?"
A: Yes! We have a collection of guides and the support of several of our members to help you learn the game in no time.

Q: "I don't have that much time to spare because of work/uni/constant masturbation. Should I still join?"
A: In short, no. Inactivity is probably the biggest detractor from having fun in Mafia. If you can't make at the very least 30 min a day to read the threads and contribute then you'd be better off not joining. PLEASE CONSIDER YOUR SCHEDULE BEFORE JOINING.

Q: "Cool I'm pretty free this week, but next week I'm booked. Will the game be over by then?"
A: Probably not. As stated earlier, each Day is 48 hours and each Night is 24 hours. Games usually have at minimum 3 total cycles, which means ~9 days in real time. But remember, as long as you can be active for 30 min-1 hour each day you'll be fine.

Game Info:

Have you ever wanted to shoot whywefight? Or protect our lord Burgery from the dangers of evil? Or even smite the plebeian minds of UG alongside Devourke? Well with Mafia, YOU CAN! This game's theme/flavor is based off of the two Legend of Zelda games for the N64, "Ocarina of Time" and "Majora's Mask." Role names and day/night flavors will be in the spirit of these games. This will be a primarily newbie game, so don't be afraid of the skill gap if you're thinking of joining.
Also, the time it takes for sign-ups to fill varies, so please anticipate your schedule ~4 days from now as that is when I intend to start.

Game Rules:
1. You must vote each day and post at least once every day and once every night.
2. Town may not communicate with each other outside the game threads unless otherwise specified by your role.
3. You may not edit any of your posts. If you wish to add an idea to what you initially posted, type up another post and begin with "EBWOP:"
4. Keep derping and flaming to a minimum.
5. No screenshots/quoting of PM's. You may claim the nature of your role such as Veteran or Detective but not the name of your character.
6. Play to win.
7. After a player dies, they are allowed one short farewell post but it cannot contain any game changing information. Dead players will be given a password to a "Graveyard" thread where they can chat with other dead players and the host(s).
8. Outing your scum team is grounds for an instant modkill and temprorary/permanent suspension from Mafia here on OMGUS.net
9. Keep it Burg.
10. If you have any questions please feel free to PM me.

If you would like to join, please type "/in" in this thread, then go here to make an account (password to sign up is "scumslip") and go to the game thread "Legend of Zelda Mafia." Post in the Sign-up thread so I can fully validate your commitment. You can chat in the pre-game thread with our current members and we'll try to help you learn the ropes.

Playerlist:
1. mac is god
2. Kush
3. wwf
4. EnforcedNo
5. Saint Vitus
6. Calvin Coolwhip
7. Twe3kify
8. VanTheKraut
9. Haste
Last edited by Skullivan at Oct 8, 2013,
I have no idea what is going on and cba to read

Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
Quote by Whoots
Did you get all that?

No
Yes

Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
Quote by Whoots
Did you get all that?

No
Yes

Textbook perfection in a forum post. 70/70

EDIT: I have now read that surprisingly entertaining cartoon, know how to play Mafia, and will play this game if it ever gets off the ground. /in

EDIT 2: Secondary website? Not UG? Minecraft server? /nope
Last edited by Nickpocalypse at Oct 6, 2013,
Quote by Nickpocalypse
Textbook perfection in a forum post. 70/70

EDIT: I have now read that surprisingly entertaining cartoon, know how to play Mafia, and will play this game if it ever gets off the ground. /in

EDIT 2: Secondary website? Not UG? Minecraft server? /nope

its on omgus because its enraging trying to play a game and having to read 5 random pit-tards going "lol wat is dis" each page.
Quote by Coagulation
its on omgus because its enraging trying to play a game and having to read 5 random pit-tards going "lol wat is dis" each page.

exactly, see above posts for proof
Quote by macashmack
The last game ended?

yep, this next one will be right up your alley though, since I intend to minimize the skill gap
Quote by whywefight
gaybuttsex got lynched

i won kinda

You did win. The only way you could have lost is if you kept going and were last man standing with 1 other player or were modkilled for revealing too much about your role.

THIS GAME IS SUPER FUN AND YOU GUYS SHOULD TOTALLY TAKE ADVANTAGE OF HAVING A NEWBIE GAME TO JOIN IN.
For how can I give the King his place of worth above all else
when I spend my time striving to place the crown upon myself?
Quote by whywefight
gaybuttsex got lynched

i won kinda

gaybuttsex got perma'd, mac. It's okay. The bad man is gone. He won't be able to hurt you anymore.

Poor Mac probably thinks betraying your team is just completely status quo now since both of his teammates bent him over like nothing I've ever seen.

Anyways, this game is super fun and most of the players are UGers just chilling out and lynching us some mafia goons. PLAY IT DAMN YOU
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

Quote by VanTheKraut
gaybuttsex got perma'd, mac. It's okay. The bad man is gone. He won't be able to hurt you anymore.

Poor Mac probably thinks betraying your team is just completely status quo now since both of his teammates bent him over like nothing I've ever seen.

Anyways, this game is super fun and most of the players are UGers just chilling out and lynching us some mafia goons. PLAY IT DAMN YOU

They split me open
Quote by smartguyreviews
put me in coach

If you're for realz, make a profile on the site linked in the OP and I can put you in.
I have no idea what this is and i imagine i'll be worse than useless but i'll give it a go.

/in

I'll make an account on OMGUS tomorrow.
DISCLAIMER: There's a very good chance that i have no idea what i'm talking about.

Quote by CodeMonk
Your sig has never been more true.
And you are a piss poor troll.

Quote by phayzze
Can someone explain to me wtf this guy is on about

Awesome, the comic in the OP is a pretty good explanation but we can always help you out in learning the game.
Nice to have you guys join!
That's cool. It's pretty close to full by now (Skully update the OP) but I'd be happy to /out if room needs to be made for a newbie.
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

/join
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
dis game gon be good
That comic is pretty good, but lacks any explanation about town power roles, which is a pretty important part of the game.
RIP Gooze

cats
Page 1 of 2