Have any of you had experience with the paf pros? i'm considering swapping out the stock ibanez pup for one of them just in the neck position. it's in my Satriani signature guitar (js20s) I like playing hard and fast and want something that is clear with speed. Plus i play alot of evh/gnr kind of tunes so i don't want an active as i still want the passive sound. are these pups hot enough for easy tapping/harmonics?
cheers
they're not that hot but they're very clear

in the neck, it shouldn't be a problem, normally you use a lower output pickup there anyway.

what's the rest of your gear?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Like Dave said not high output but they are warm and clear. Gilbert used them for a while on his Ibanez PG model RG's I put one in a dean Vedetta with a Tone zone and works nicely for shred. you should be fine.
Live Rig:
Peavey VK (power amp)
R&R Amps SL/LD (preamp)
EB Volume
Zoom G3
Morpheus Dive bomber
Dunlop 95Q
Guitar-any in my stable
5150 Cab (V30/Sheffield X-pat)
hmmm maybe the bridge is where it would belong better? i'll be running it through a jcm800 2203 or an ibanez tsa15h head. my gat currently has the stock Ibanez axis pickups, would the paf's be very noticably different?
they're pretty low output in the bridge position.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
tone zone can be pretty dark... it's a nice lead pickup, though. up to you, really.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
if you have confidence in your playing buy them and if you dont feel very sure air norton are awesome neck pick ups a bit more output than paf
Bugera 6262
Squier Showmaster
Richman Custom
Starfire 7
Ibanez EX
Agile Interceptor 725
Behringer GX212 (now works as head)
JOYO JF 01
Kimaxe PJ Bass