Hi everyone,

I'm looking for a good amp for busking. A big problem is that all the good ones seem to only have clean tones. I've played a few with surprisingly decent tone but the problem is they run off AA batteries, which is expensive.

Requirements:

- must have internal rechargable battery
- an output for an mp3 player
- 2 separate master volumes 1 for guitar and 1 for mp3 player
- has to be loud (duh)
- reasonably portable
- Decent sounding distortion
- reverb

Thanks!
why would you try to busk with metal music?

In my city there are bi-laws that make it illegal to busk with amplifiers
Quote by ccannon1
why would you try to busk with metal music?

+1
As much as I like metal, busking and metal just don't mix
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
well, i have to agree that busking metal music sounds strange but we are giving him opinions he didn't ask for and not helping him with his question.

the roland street cube will probably fit the bill. if you need an extra distortion pedal in order to achieve the gain you need than that is another option, but i think the roland can provide enough gain in the rectifier COSM setting. it also has a number of effects on tap with reverb being just one of them

it has two inputs, one for a mic and one for guitar , but there is also a stereo input that doesn't have it's own volume control so you may need to control the volume on the mp3 player or get an adapter for the mic input.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Quote by gumbilicious
we are giving him opinions he didn't ask for and not helping him with his question.

Thanks for that.

Anyways that's the amp I was looking at, too. A battery charger would solve the money issue with buying tons of batteries as well. Thanks for the help.
Quote by gumbilicious
...not helping him with his question.

I disagree.

I think these people are helping him quite a bit by talking him out of a lame idea.

Nobody wants to listen to unaccompanied metal riffs with no drums being played through a tiny amp; metal is supposed to be powerful.

The only time I've really ever seen this work was when Megadeth did the acoustic set, but even then, they arranged the songs differently and are professional musicians.
Quote by SteveHouse
This thread is officially about sucking Sleaze off for a sig.

Quote by tayroar
Hey Sleaze I'll give you a blowjob if you sig me. Maybe even some nudey photos?

Quote by crazy8rgood

Sleaze, that made me lulz in my pants.

Quote by 36mikeyb36
hahaha Sleaze i'd give you my mom for that one.
You could greatly expand your possibilities by buying one of these...

http://www.amazon.com/Mobile-Power-2009-Multipurpose-Jumpstart/dp/B00DF31PQM/ref=sr_1_4?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1381159518&sr=1-4&keywords=jump+start

Built in rechargeable battery and a 600w inverter.

Then plug pretty much any small combo into it...Runtime is determined by actual power used, so it depends on the amp and the volume you run at. A Peavey Vypyr 30 at max volume would run for 90 minutes or so, which should be more than enough time to get you run off...
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Quote by Sleaze Disease
I disagree.

I think these people are helping him quite a bit by talking him out of a lame idea.

Nobody wants to listen to unaccompanied metal riffs with no drums being played through a tiny amp; metal is supposed to be powerful.

The only time I've really ever seen this work was when Megadeth did the acoustic set, but even then, they arranged the songs differently and are professional musicians.

i disagree

this is really just believing you know better than him, invalidating his original ideas because you don't feel they are pertinent or worthwhile.

i agree it sounds like a bad idea, but don't fool yourself into believing you are helping him when you really just stating you opinions on matters not related to his queries. how about saying it's a bad idea and then telling him what amp would suit his needs?
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae