My LTD MH100qm has a 3 way toggle switch, and almost all the time when I switch to the bridge pickup from the neck pickup, it sounds REALLY weak, as if I turned the volume down. Is there a fix for this?
This is what the guitar looks like:
Last edited by MetalMeltd0wn at Oct 6, 2013,
The switch or one of the contacts is probably weak or broken. Open it up and see if anything is visibly frayed or damaged. You can post a picture here if you'd like another set of eyes on it.

If you are able to solder, re-flowing all the contacts doesn't take too long and will probably fix the issue.
Nothing sticks out at me, but that doesn't mean much. You can try wiggling the contacts while it's plugged in, see if you can find one that cuts in and out as you move it.
so, it should never sound that weak, but generally a bridge pup is weaker because strings at that area vibrate less compared to the neck pup where strings are vibrating far more freely. it is very common bridge pups are raise to combat this and neck pups are lowered.
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
Carvin V3M, Avatar 2x12 WGS Reaper, vet 30
(crybaby, Fairfield circuitry Comp, GFS tuner, Vick Audio 73 Ram's Head, Xotic AC booster, lovepedal trem, TC Flashback, PGS Trinity Reverb, Walrus Audio Aetos power)
Quote by ikey_
so, it should never sound that weak, but generally a bridge pup is weaker because strings at that area vibrate less compared to the neck pup where strings are vibrating far more freely. it is very common bridge pups are raise to combat this and neck pups are lowered.

Yeah, you might just have to raise the pick up if there are no electrical problems.
I'm so happy. I get to eat a muffin.
Quote by space aids
You are so happy to eat a muffin it's kinda scary.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
Goes around tryina light dudes on fire.
Quote by MakinLattes
Too much Sublime.

I tell a lie, there is no such thing.