Not that I'm looking for any, but I was just thinking about how difficult it is to play guitar when your hands are cold, and it got me thinking about what other things can really make it difficult to play up to your abilities.

So, Pit, what excuses do you think are good excuses?
Quote by neidnarb11890
the chinese take-out place my family always ordered from gave you chopsticks, so as a kid it was fun to try & eat with chopsticks
now i just use a fork, 'cuz nothing is fun anymore & i just want to shovel food into my mouth to fill the void
Cold hands, sticky hands, broken calluses, damaged fingernails and nailbeds, those are the ones I can think of.
Fender American Standard Telecaster
Vox Night Train 15W
An ever-morphing BOSS and MXR loaded pedalboard

"I eats more chicken any man ever seen!"
-Howlin' Wolf
When my finger nails are just slightly too long, or my fingers are cold is when my playing degrades. Also, being drunk doesn't do me any favors...
This ends now, eat the goddamn beans!
Playing on a guitar that has ridiculously high action (because it isn't looked after).

Feel me?
Quote by neidnarb11890
the chinese take-out place my family always ordered from gave you chopsticks, so as a kid it was fun to try & eat with chopsticks
now i just use a fork, 'cuz nothing is fun anymore & i just want to shovel food into my mouth to fill the void
playing on an epiphone
Quote by Night
wtf is a selfie? is that like, touching yourself or something?
Getting your third finger jammed in a door and having the joint swollen and painful to bend.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
when you've bitten the shit outta your nail and it's nothing but a painful little stub

Playing a guitar with a drastically different neck shape than what you are used too
RIP Gooze

cats
Playing when your hands have fallen off due to gypsy curse.
Vinland, Vinland Über Alles

"Why do they still call me a warlord? And mad? All I want to do is create the perfect genetic soldier!"
being a shitty guitarist
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Quote by progdude93
Trying to play guitar without hands

That's my bit! Your hands and several other favoured appendages will drop off at an awkward moment, for I have gypsy cursed you!

"Why do they still call me a warlord? And mad? All I want to do is create the perfect genetic soldier!"
Quote by Mephaphil
Nervousness.

Anxiety can **** everything up.

ya this too

**** anxiety or something i guess

if You're dead....

or if your hands are freezing...

or if you're overcome with nervousness or anxiety of some kind (not that I suffer from this or anything.... unfortunately like some others do)

or if your nails are too long and they need to get chopped off....
Cold hands are pretty much technical death.

Idk, when my old teacher hasn't had a cigarette for a while, he makes more mistakes
they're coming to take me away
ha-haaa
Quote by progdude93
Nah son, I never said anything about a dumb gypsy curse

That gypsy curse won't seem so dumb when your pecker whilts like a rose in winter. Prepare for the depenisification!

Dropped a cinder block on my hand when I had a tutor. Shit sucked.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
High string action.
Quote by Dave Mustaine
If you want to be treated intelligently, act intelligent.

When I was 27 I suffered a stroke from a ruptured brain aneurysm. It has left my right side weak and my fingers on both hands aren't as dextrous as they used to be...and I wasn't that good to begin with.
Gibson Les Paul BFG Gator
Line6 James Tyler Variax JTV-69
Line6 Pod HD500
Blackheart Handsome Devil
at parties - sorry left handed
You hit 'em and they get back up
I hit 'em and they stay down
- Frank Castle
i'm surprised to see that nobody's just said 'not being inspired'. i have some (thankfully not too common) days where i just can't get into the zone with it and --- while technically i don't suffer a great deal, everything i play sounds very dull and by-the-numbers.
Quote by kthxbi
i'm surprised to see that nobody's just said 'not being inspired'. i have some (thankfully not too common) days where i just can't get into the zone with it and --- while technically i don't suffer a great deal, everything i play sounds very dull and by-the-numbers.

This happens to me if i'm actively trying to make up some music, whereas if i'm just jamming away at anything, i tend to find good stuff.

Nerves are a bit of a killer for me. I don't play live as frequently as i used to, so i get quite anxious about it.

My dad used to be a butcher when he was younger and he cut off the end of one of his fingers by accident, not so much that it's particularly noticeable, but he has no feeling in the end of that finger, so he can't play guitar. That's a pretty legit excuse i guess.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
I can't use my pinky for much because I put a Forstner bit through it 5 years ago. I have almost no flexibility and very little mobility in it so it's okay for power chords but not much else. That's really the only excuse I've ever had as to why I can't play certain things but otherwise I don't tend to excuse my shitty playing.

inb4 "I'm more of a rhythm player"
Why would there be any excuses at all, anyways? There would be the better and more accurate assessment of them being, "reasons".... AmiRight?