Hi guys,

I've recently moved into my uni house for the next two years, and I'm looking for some speakers that I can connect to my laptop (wired or wireless, not bothered) and play along to with the amp in. I'm currently using headphones and playing unplugged, and my amp is staring angrily at me with an accusing look on its face.

I'm not overly familiar with the terminology of speakers or hi-fi systems with regards to how much bass/wattage etc is enough to support a Blackstar HT-5C, so I was hoping some of you could help me. I'd be able to play reasonably loud (think 2/2.5 on the volume knob) as I've got tolerant house-mates, but I won't need a 16-inch subwoofer or anything. Maximum price would probably be about £50.

Thanks for any help you can give.
For £50 you wont get much quality, check some used monitors on ebay. Ideally youd want some KRK Rokit 5's which are amazing sounding and the quality is amazing.
My Rig
Fender Blacktop Strat HH MN > Joyo JF-01 Vintage Overdrive > Boss ME50 > Line 6 Spider IV 30

Other Shit
Jim Deacon Acoustic
Yamaha 12 string acoustic

New Amp Fund
£300/700
Doesn't the HT-5 have an Mp3/Aux in? You could just plug your laptop right into that if it does. Probably won't sound the greatest, but neither will cheap speakers.
£50 won't buy much, but you may get a set of used M-Audio AV40s. They're perfectly acceptable for what you're looking for.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
My flatmate has an amazing set of speakers, Trust 19766 Titons. They're about 50 quid on amazon, excellent quality and can get very loud if you want them to!
Quote by leigh596
For £50 you wont get much quality, check some used monitors on ebay. Ideally youd want some KRK Rokit 5's which are amazing sounding and the quality is amazing.

The Rokits look tasty, but are admittedly out of my price range. I'll keep an eye.

Doesn't the HT-5 have an Mp3/Aux in? You could just plug your laptop right into that if it does. Probably won't sound the greatest, but neither will cheap speakers.

I can't play music through an amp I'm playing through at the same time, can I? Even if it's possible won't it sound godawful, especially through a single speaker?

£50 won't buy much, but you may get a set of used M-Audio AV40s. They're perfectly acceptable for what you're looking for.

Keeping an eye out for some on Ebay, reviews seem good and they'd certainly do the job.

My flatmate has an amazing set of speakers, Trust 19766 Titons. They're about 50 quid on amazon, excellent quality and can get very loud if you want them to!
Did you mis-type the name? Google nor Amazon can find any speaker with that name.

Got craigslist/electronics. Put 50 in the max price and stereo in the search.

Not entirely sure how much I trust Craigslist. Sooner go through a site like Gumtree.
I've bought and sold countless items on CL. I guess Gumtree is a UK equivalent. Didn't realize he wasn't in the US. I guess the money part should have clued me in.
Quote by Gu1tar K1d
I can't play music through an amp I'm playing through at the same time, can I? Even if it's possible won't it sound godawful, especially through a single speaker?

I'd imagine you could, why else would it have a MP3/aux in? You're right in that it probably won't sound that great, but it's worth a try before you start dropping cash.
Quote by fly135
I've bought and sold countless items on CL. I guess Gumtree is a UK equivalent. Didn't realize he wasn't in the US. I guess the money part should have clued me in.

Another UK equivalent of Craigslist is Craigslist:
http://london.craigslist.co.uk/

Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud