Hi guys, I have this problem. I ordered my Supersonic 22 from Thomann in January and though i love the amp to bits, reliability seems to be it's Achilles' heel (as with most modern Fender amps). So here's my story.
The first time I had trouble was in May, one day I went to our rehearsal room to practise, and no sound would come out of the amp (no hissing or anything). Upon further inspection I noticed that the tubes wouldn't light up. I hadn't hit the amp or anything, so it remains a mistery how it broke in the first place. So I took it to a local amp repair-guy and he fixed it.
And now, just a few days back I wanted to play with it (I hadn't switched it on for about a month and it had just stood in my rehearsal room) and the damn thing didn't work again, though this time the tubes are lit. No hissing, crackling, nothing. The only sound that it makes is the spring reverb jangling sound, when I knock the amp. I'm beginning to think that I got a faulty amp, and I would like to return it to Thomann, but i'm afraid that altough there are no actual visual signs that the amp has been tampered with (least none that I could spot from the outside), the Thomann technicians might spot something and just send it back to me saying that i've voided the warranty.

TL;DR: Amp broken again, but afraid that I might've voided the warranty.

So what do you guys think I should do?
"Everybody must get stoned!" - Bob Dylan

Last edited by fanjeera at Oct 7, 2013,
Quote by fanjeera
Hi guys, I have this problem. I ordered my Supersonic 22 from Thomann in January and though i love the amp to bits, reliability seems to be it's Achilles' heel (as with most modern Fender amps). So here's my story.
The first time I had trouble was in May, one day I went to our rehearsal room to practise, and no sound would come out of the amp (no hissing or anything). Upon further inspection I noticed that the tubes wouldn't light up. I hadn't hit the amp or anything, so it remains a mistery how it broke in the first place. So I took it to a local amp repair-guy and he fixed it.

He fixed what?
What did he do exactly?
How much was the fix?
Was it all labor or parts too?
What was wrong with it?
Where did you take it?
Were they a certifed Fender repair center?
What was the time frame exactly between the first breakdown and the second?
How many times did you play it in between?
How long is the warranty good for?

Quote by fanjeera
And now, just a few days back I wanted to play with it (I hadn't switched it on for about a month and it had just stood in my rehearsal room) and the damn thing didn't work again, though this time the tubes are lit. No hissing, crackling, nothing. The only sound that it makes is the spring reverb jangling sound, when I knock the amp. I'm beginning to think that I got a faulty amp, and I would like to return it to Thomann, but i'm afraid that altough there are no actual visual signs that the amp has been tampered with (least none that I could spot from the outside), the Thomann technicians might spot something and just send it back to me saying that i've voided the warranty.

TL;DR: Amp broken again, but afraid that I might've voided the warranty.

So what do you guys think I should do?

Usually, Fender would require you to send it to a Fender Authorized Service Center. Thomann is not going to look at it. You need to find out where your amp is going to be sent. Yes, they find out it was worked on or whatever. Yes, it is possible your warranty was voided. That is why the questions above are important.

Honestly, I would take it back to where it was 'fixed' the first time and tell them you have a problem.