I'm really confused between to electric guitar brands as my first electric guitar, i'm confused between ESP LTD and Cort.
Definitly a cort cr-100 and an ESP LTD EC-50, they're very suitable with my budget, and i can't afford over this budget, unfortunately..

Some people told me that LTD is better than Cort, But, some people also told me that LTD has a cheap hardware.

In the other hand, some people told me that Cort CR-100 or Cort Guitars generally, are a great guitars for beginners (like me), Plus it has a nice tone and blues like tone and i like improvising blues alot, but it matters the quality, i'm verry confused.
what do u recommend me?

Thanks
Where you are financially, LTD would sell a more eye-catching guitar, but it may not be as solid in terms of sound and tuning stability as the Cort. Have you not checked out the Yamaha Pacificas yet? Or even the cheaper Gretsches?
It's a coin flip if you're comparing guitars in that price range that are sold through retail outlets.
Yeah, once you get into used LTD at around the $400 range, I would expect the LTD to smoke the Cort.
@DeanoM50810, Do you mean that the cort would be much better than the LTD?, I didn't check Yamaha Pacificas, but in my opinion, i like the cort's tone in blues or low gain, and the high gain tone. but i'm worried about the quality itself plus i want a LP shape for my start, And I don't like Stratocaster necks

@dspellman, Do you mean that the two may have the same specifications regarding to the tone?.

@samuraigoomba So, cort is better?, i'm a foreigner and i really don't know the last phrase. sorry.
Last edited by seeknight007 at Oct 8, 2013,
You're looking at some low-end guitars. I have no idea which would be better, because at those price ranges you see a lot of variation and some really horrible instruments.

You should post your budget and country, and take suggestions from folks on the highest-quality instruments for the money.
I would check out some other guitars in the same price bracket. How about the Epiphone Dot or Les Paul Standard? The Gretsch Jet Club could also be more decent than either Cort or Gretsch. But if those two are the only ones you can afford, I'd go Cort. All EC50s I've tried have sounded really dull and lifeless.
I like Corts but one thing is certain. You cant get rid of them if the need arises! For some reason they do not sell well on used market despite being good guitars in the price range. Its just not as sexy brand as ESP/LTD and such I guess.

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Bugera 333
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3
Last edited by MaaZeus at Oct 9, 2013,
@MaaZeus, by giving a blind eye to this thingy of getting rid of it, i think i'll do something on my own. Do you recommend me this guitar? i just know that its neck is canadian maple and the body is mahogany with a cool LP shape and 22 fret.
If its anything like my EVL-Z4, yes I do recommend checking it out. It is my go-to guitar and I love playing it and (after pickup swap) how it sounds. Also mahogany body and maple neck but with all matte/satin black finish, contoured body and "metal" imagery. It is in step higher price bracket though so where the CR100 has cut corners I have no idea because I have never played or even seen one in person.

But if its beginners guitar you are looking for I really doubt you can go wrong with either. I've had good luck with my LTD 50 serie as well. Ridiculously thick poly-finish but it does feel good to play and sounds good now that it has better pickup.

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Bugera 333
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3
Quote by MaaZeus
If its anything like my EVL-Z4, yes I do recommend checking it out. It is my go-to guitar and I love playing it and (after pickup swap) how it sounds. Also mahogany body and maple neck but with all matte/satin black finish, contoured body and "metal" imagery. It is in step higher price bracket though so where the CR100 has cut corners I have no idea because I have never played or even seen one in person.

But if its beginners guitar you are looking for I really doubt you can go wrong with either. I've had good luck with my LTD 50 serie as well. Ridiculously thick poly-finish but it does feel good to play and sounds good now that it has better pickup.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=a5NXNlGLiPQ

May you take a look?
Quote by seeknight007

Dude, there is absolutely nothing I can tell you about the quality of a guitar from a video, other than it looks pretty damn sweet... This is something you can find out only by trying the guitar out and inspecting it out. With bad luck you may even encounter botched ones due to hastily done quality control and this applies every brand with their cheaper range guitars.

There are only few points I can rise. The scale, number of frets and neck thickness. The LTD has thinner neck and 24 frets. If lead playing is your calling and you want to practice ear blistering solos the extra 2 frets may even be necessary (depending on your taste of music) for some songs. If you are more rhythm guy then this is mostly irrelevant, the rhythm guy rarely needs to go that high. If ever.

Cort is closer to actual Les Paul specs. Thicker neck, 22 frets and shorter scale. The scale makes the guitar sound bit thicker (which I really like, LP scale is my favourite) but also requires a step thicker strings to reach same tension. 10-46 gauge strings are about same tension on LP scale guitar as 9-42 on 25.5" scale at same tuning. This is something you need to keep in mind if you ever get thicker strings and downtune. I already covered the number of frets above.

The thickness of the neck is a personal preference and you can only find this out by testing. You may even adapt quickly and dont care about the neck thickness at all as you switch guitars.

If you cant decide, flip a coin and shoot in the dark if you cant test them out before buying.

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Bugera 333
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3