Hi all,

It's been a while since I've posted and would appreciate some support. I recently moved into an apartment and am using a THR10C and multiple guitars through a decent sized pedalboard (below). I get a terrible buzz through the amp. I got a terrible buzz through my old amp (Egnater Tweaker), in my old home, on all guitars.

Here's what I've got:
Guitars (3) - all buzz
Monster Cables, various patch cables
DynaComp - 1Spot
POG2 - 1Spot
Phase90 - 1Spot
Wampler Pinnacle - Boss adapter
Carbon Copy - MXR adapter
Line6 m9 - Line6 adapter
Hall of Fame - Boss adapter
DigiTech Jamman Solo - DigiTech adapter
Volume pedal

This is all run into a decent Monster power supply.

Here's what I've tried all with the same buzzy result:
Guitar(s) straight to amp with different Monster cables
Amp in a separate wall outlet, pedalboard in a different outlet
Amp in a different room, just guitar

What could this be? A bad power supply? All my cables have gone bad? Terrible luck in finding places to live?

I should also note that when stacking delays, it causes the signal to clip. Not sure if it's related, or just an issue I have to deal with because I am running a lot of ambient effects.

Any idea what else I can do? I love playing at home, but I hate the buzzing. Clearly, more noticable on single coils than humbuckers, but it's REALLY excessive.

Thanks for reading.
Matt
Blackstar ID:15TVP
2001 MIA Strat (SD '59/Stock/CustomCustom)
Early 80s Fernandes The Revival '57
Can you borrow a different amp & plug in at your new house? Sounds like the only common denominator in these scenarios.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2011
I'm not sure but I will try. My amp is battery powered so I may just run out, buy some, and throw them in.

I did have a guy play the egnater in my place before I bought it and I heard some buzzing. Could have been 60 cycle hum though. What I get is terribly loud. Louder with effects (dirt and modulation /delay) activated.
try a different room, or get a power conditioner. some places just have bad power. my houses are both great, but other houses in the area that i have played with (band mates from time in the past or current) i have had terrible luck with at. so i typically keep one in the car just in case
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
So I don't think it's power...

I didn't realize it took AA batteries and had some laying around. There is buzz with the batteries, straight guitar to amp. I have 2 Monster Cables which are in great shape, so I don't think that's it but won't discount it.

One guitar is Mexican, but new, so I would think the electronics in that are at least okay, but both guitars buzz. It's like a power line buzzing. It gets louder when I move the guitar around.

Is it both guitars causing an issue, the cables, or the amp at this point? It's good to know that power was at least ruled out.

Thanks!
Quote by CodeMonk
Turn off all your lights in the room.
Some neon or fluorescent lighting nearby has been known to cause buzzing.

Very true. The fans in my room cause a buzz/hum too. Also, TV's.
if it does it with all guitar into the amp then you can pretty much forget about all the pedals and cables.

it should be pretty simple, like riffhog said.

try a different amp at said place
or try different place

can't speak to the battery business.
Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at Oct 8, 2013,
Quote by sixstringedmatt
I'm not sure but I will try. My amp is battery powered so I may just run out, buy some, and throw them in.

I did have a guy play the egnater in my place before I bought it and I heard some buzzing. Could have been 60 cycle hum though. What I get is terribly loud. Louder with effects (dirt and modulation /delay) activated.

That makes it simple. I didn't realize your amp is battery-powered, but if it does the buzzing with all guitars everywhere, all the time, my guess is the amp's toast, or you're getting interference from any number of sources. The easiest thing is to simply take the amp outside away from any external influence. This should be mega-simple to isolate the cause. This one really is not rocket science, but process of elimination.
Good luck to you.
Edit: In case you're still not sure, if the amp still makes the buzzing outdoors & away from power lines or cell towers or whatever, then the amp is definitely the cause IMO (from the info you've provided). The odds of all 3 of your guitars & both cables going bad at the same time is quite unlikely.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2011
Last edited by riffhog at Oct 8, 2013,
Thanks I'll give it a whirl outside. This makes sense as my apartment is above the lobby. A lot of interference I'd imagine.