I like my fr but, I wanna play rocksmith on my schecter instead of my squire strat. I have heard I can use wood, but how would that work exactly? I dont wanna drill or anything, and a tremolo-no seems like a bit much? I also dont wanna do anything that can damage the guitar at all (no holes lol).
Wait, why would you not be able to play rocksmith with a floyd?

You can easily block it with wood and no drilling, there are a million tutorials online for that, just google "block floyd" or something like that. But I don't see how a floyd is incompatible with Rocksmith?
Quote by Ericthegreat
Oh sorry, yea I can play it just I would have to retune 20 million times.

Why does it matter more than if you a playing at home or jamming. Cross tune it (6-1-5-2-4-3) goes much faster.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
I have problems using my LTD M400 floyd rose with rocksmith.It just doesnt pick up notes.I changed the battery and the setup is fine as i had it done by a pro.Ive got plenty of replacements so it doesnt bother me to much.
Some songs use different tuning. Some are just slightly off tune. Rocksmith has you tune to each song before you start. You would not want to use a FR.
Couldnt you just tune to standard and not lock the nut? Just an idea, no clue if thats even feasible. My son has a Schecter with a FR as his main guitar, tuned in drop d, so he just used one of his other cheapo guitars for rocksmith.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Do people buy FRs because it is the cool thing to do?

Why do people buy most of the things they do? Because they happen to like it and it serves a purpose. Saying ppl by a Floyd just because it's cool is dumb.
Is Rocksmith any good? And you can use any guitar?
RG351DX - Bridge Dragonfire Screamer, Mid+Neck Fender Hot Noiseless
Peavey Valveking 112 - Eminence GB128
AMT E1 > Joyo AC Tone > Dan'o EQ > Shimverb > Digidelay
Yes, you can use any guitar. I just heard about it the day RS2014 came out, so I decided to pick it up. If you think of it as a learning tool you'll probably be disappointed. If you think of it as a game you will be pleased.

Don't take that the wrong way, but if you approach it as a game you'll be less frustrated but I think you will also learn a lot. I haven't spent much time with the game so I may not know how to work it that well or use all the features. Heck I haven't even looked at the in game manual.

It will probably be a bit frustrating to a guitarist because when you start learning a song you don't know any of the chords, the key, or the scales used. It just throws a note at a time at you and when you seem to have that down the next time you play it throws more notes and then starts adding chords.

One thing that threw me off was the visual timing vs the actual song timing not being exactly matched. The note/chord crosses a line that indicates when it's to be played. But the actual beat in the song comes about a half beat before the line. The solution is to listen to the beat and ignore when the notes cross the line. As a guitar player (I use that term lightly) I managed to pick up on that quickly. I guess non musicians would just pick it up as part of the game mechanics. I.E. if you keep missing start plucking sooner.

One nice thing is the actual song is played with vocals and you get a karaoke style lyrics playing. Overall I'd say I'm happy with the $80 purchase and expect to learn some songs with it. I plugged my guitar into my Zoom G5 and fed the raw guitar out the XLR to the game. That way I could use my G5 while playing. But it turned out the guitar tones from RS are pretty good. It has a full FX sim built in. You can select and arrange pedals and amps, and adjust the parameters, plus save your presets.