Hi Pit,

my phone was stolen from one of my friends flats the other night and I was only the person not from the flat to visit in the last 24 hours so it's clearly one of her flatmates.

Since I'm not an idiot I remotely installed some tracking software and have now got GPS coordinates, an IP address of the theives internet, his wifi name, and two dark pictures of the person (can see body and bits of background but not their actual face)

If I went to the police with the GPS location, IP address (which I used geobytes to match to a set of coordinatess, which shokcingly enough match to the phones GPS coordinates) and his wifi name aswell as the two dark/blurry photos, aswell as the certainty that it was 1 of 5 people within the flat would that be enough to find my phone returned?

I have already had my SIM blocked and the phone blacklisted from all the network providers in the UK.

Thanks in advance for any help

tl;dr - Someone nicked my phone, I've found it's GPS cooridnates, their IP address, and their wifi name. I also know it's 1 of 5 people, just not which one. Will the police actually be useful?
'And after a while, you can work on points for style.
Like the club tie, and the firm handshake,
A certain look in the eye and an easy smile.'

'You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to,
So that when they turn their backs on you,
You'll get the chance to put the knife in.'
I just read the entire OP in Walt Jr.'s voice. Stutters and all.

Edit: ^ Yeah that. I mean what do you have to lose?
There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Last edited by Joshua Garcia at Oct 8, 2013,
Not sure why you wouldn't just go on a crazy revenge spree. Stalking and psychologically torturing them.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
If I can get a proper picture of their face at some point today that'll be enough for me I reckon.

Quote by snipelfritz
Not sure why you wouldn't just go on a crazy revenge spree. Stalking and psychologically torturing them.

This.
C'mon, you now have the opportunity to follow someone 24/7 via the GPS in your phone, when are you gonna get an opportunity (or the motivation) to totaly mess with someone's head like that again?

You could find out their name, follow them everywhere they go for a while, then leave anonymous letters with their name on the envelopes in places that you know they are going to be. But don't mention the phone in the letters, pretend to be someone who's infatuated with them but is too shy to say it to their face, then steadily make the letters wierder and wierder until you start putting things like pieces of kidney in with the letters.

Quote by digman50
If I can get a proper picture of their face at some point today that'll be enough for me I reckon.

Put the pictures of them in the letters too.
Last edited by SlackerBabbath at Oct 8, 2013,
Quote by Joshua Garcia
I just read the entire OP in Walt Jr.'s voice. Stutters and all.

FFS..... went and re-read it and can't get past the 'Hi Pit' without lol'ing

But yeah try the police
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
Expecting the police to be useful in the case of a missing or stolen phone is a mistake.
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
Just use your riches to hire a hitman, and send him to the guys house.
The plan was to drink until the pain over.
But what's worse, the pain or the hangover?
Who am I? I'm a titan so be expectin' a clash.
Quote by SMH07
Just use your riches to hire a hitman, and send him to the guys house.

Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
Really the police are going to be too slow, if it's between 5 people you should be able to figure this out. Don't waste their time, it seems like you've got it under control.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Give them an Ultimatum, you guys in the UK are good at it. Tell those five people you have all that shiz on them and threaten to go to the police if you don't get your phone back. But as mentioned above, a bit of mischief wouldn't hurt.
Whatever you do, I'd act quickly before the thief sells it for cash.
Listen. I'm sorry.
Just go to said flat and ask one of them, or all of them if they took your phone and that you have this evidence to suggest they did.

If they don't own up, threaten them with the fact that you'll call the police.

Most likely that they're too pussy and just give you the phone after the threat. If not, try police

Bet your phone is gold plated or something. Well worth trying to steal to be fair to em
I've been up to the flat but I've only been able to speak to two of the people in the flat. I've gone to the buildings manager now but they can't tell me the address because of privacy issues etc.

I'd rather not go to the police if possible because they'll do **** all about it. If it comes down to it then I'll do it and press charges just for the hell of it.

I'm going to go by everyday until I've spoken to every single one of them. I've ruled out another one of them now, so now it's down to 4. I'm thinking that I'll be able to figure out who's had it sooner or later.

I've actually offered £100 to whoever can get it back because I know that it can't even function as a phone anymore (it's been blacklisted so no SIM cards will work in it) and it's also got a big crack on the screen.

I've scanned eBay and Gumtree to try and find it and I'l keep doing that. I can't **** around with the phone because the guy's turned it off but if it's turned back on then it'll take a picture with the front camera straight away.

There's always the temptation of going to the house I've tracked it to but I don't fancy getting stabbed over it.

The phone is essentially now just a touch screen media player with a 3 inch crack accross the screen. It's chipped all around the edge too and the battery life's poor so there's no point in selling it, especially when I've offered £100 for it (which I have no intention of paying if anyone comes forward with it)

Last edited by digman50 at Oct 8, 2013,
Quote by digman50

There's always the temptation of going to the house I've tracked it to but I don't fancy getting stabbed over it.

Didnt realise you'd moved to Glasgow instead
Quote by sam b
Didnt realise you'd moved to Glasgow instead

It appears to be in a pretty rough area

Quote by digman50
It's chipped all around the edge too and the battery life's poor so there's no point in selling it, especially when I've offered £100 for it (which I have no intention of paying if anyone comes forward with it)

risking in the riskothèque
You can do better than £100 imo.
The plan was to drink until the pain over.
But what's worse, the pain or the hangover?
Who am I? I'm a titan so be expectin' a clash.
Quote by SMH07
You can do better than £100 imo.

imo i shouldnt have to

I doubt the police will do anything- I had a laptop stolen a few years ago by a women in B&M bargains- they got her face clearly on CCTV but said there was nothing they could do about it.

You won't find it on ebay, they'll break it down and sell the parts.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Just remember to speak through a vocoder and send cryptic messages.
Praise the Z-Dog, my DADDY ♂♂♂