"If you're not a liberal by the age of 20 you have no heart, if you're not a conservative by 40 you have no brain"
-Some Person.

Discuss.
I normally don't subscribe to quotes by some person
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
i was about to say it's stupid but then i realized i'm not 40 yet so i'd probably relate more by then.
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
I thought that was Churchill.
"Pain or damage don't end the world nor despair, nor fuckin' beatings. The world ends when you're dead, until then you have more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back."
The statement is false.

A human being needs both a heart and a brain to be alive, let alone have political leanings.
I know the russian variant - If you're russian older than 20 years and you're not a communist you have no heart, if you're a russian older than 40 years and you're not a communist you probably have no brain, too.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
If you're a Russian and you're not a Communist, then you're not a Russian.
-Me
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
other way around
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
I guess this means I don't have a heart. Or maybe Nero is right...
They say when you talk to God it's prayer, but when God talks to you it's schizophrenia.
The implication being that conservatism is correct?
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Quote by Todd Hart

conservatism is the ideology of great intellectuals like paul ryan.
who do liberals have? hollywood actors? pfft.
You guys are talking another language. Liberal, Conservative, Democrat, Republican, They are all heads to the same Beast.
They say when you talk to God it's prayer, but when God talks to you it's schizophrenia.
I'd like to form my own political views rather than listen to some self absorbed shitty person.
I don't actually follow politics at all, either way this quote is only worth of writing on a soft paper and wiping my ass with it.
Quote by -Mantra-
I'd like to form my own political views rather than listen to some self absorbed shitty person.
I don't actually follow politics at all, either way this quote is only worth of writing on a soft paper and wiping my ass with it.

Dabs.
Being 42, I understand this quote. Generally, younger people are more idealistic and emotionally driven, which leans toward the Liberal side of politics. As you work your way through the world and become more experienced, wise, and jaded, you have a tendency to approach things from a more practical, not theoretical view. The fact is, most Liberal ideas are great in theory, but rarely work in practice.

I suppose you could compare it to Jesus advising to "turn the other cheek" when avoided with confrontation. While it sounds like a great(peaceful, humanitarian) thing to due, the reality is you'll probably get your ass kicked when you should have just put up a fight. Is it worth it to you to take a constant asskicking in order to stick to your beliefs?
Quote by Nero Galon
People have different thresholds of giving a shit about others.

this, most certainly
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.
Surely the reason is that when you're young you have no money and likely no family, and so conservatism provides no benefits;when you're middle age you have money and probably a family and so it makes sense to want to kick immigrants out and stop paying for the derm whippersnerpers to go to uni.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Quote by xgispert
You guys are talking another language. Liberal, Conservative, Democrat, Republican, They are all heads to the same Beast.

Ron Paul 20XX
Check out my band Disturbed
That was Peter Hitchens, I think, the asshole daily mail writer brother of Christopher Hitchens. They're polar opposites in most things.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
Quote by neidnarb11890
conservatism is the ideology of great intellectuals like paul ryan.
who do liberals have? hollywood actors? pfft.

And yes, TS that quote is true, someone did in fact say that...you did. Just now.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
"stop wasting time"-some person
Ultimately, it's all an Illusion for your confusion.

damn didn't know Clint had raptor talons for fingers ^^
Ultimately, it's all an Illusion for your confusion.

You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself yelling at a chair.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
You aint seen nothin till you've dealt with a chair.
Quote by Todd Hart

No the implication is that being young and liberal is fitting because liberals are dreamers who are optimistic and becoming older makes you more conservative because you become more cynical due to life experience and realize the limitations of the dreamer part of liberalism.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump