Poll: Will you be part ofthe solution?
Poll Options
View poll results: Will you be part ofthe solution?
I will start to use the word huperson instead of human
10 32%
I'm complacent in rape culture
21 68%
Voters: 31.
We all know that words can normalize oppressive attributes of our culture. We refrain from saying nigger, chink, and other ethnic slurs because they have been used to degrade people for far too long. Recently there has been a movement to remove the word 'man' from occupational titles. Policeman becomes Police Officer, Mailman becomes Mailperson, etc. These are all nice changes, but they aren't addressing the root of the problem. The very descriptor for what we are, human, contains an obvious gender bias that implies that being a man is the standard, while woman is the derivative. It's time to end this. I'm calling on all of you, my friends, to stop using the word human and begin using the word huperson so we can dismantle patriarchy forever.

Feel free to attack me (and therefore promote rape culture) in the comments below.
Check out my band Disturbed
We refrain from saying ******, chink, and other ethnic slurs because they have been used to degrade people for far too long.

Speak for yourself. My mates call me Chinky T.
okay
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
9/10 would get trolled again
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
actually "man" is gender neutral etymologically speaking.

you are an oppressive attribute of our culture, stewiebird (because you're being a speciesist. Swans are birds so why don't you just call yourself one. Do you think you're better than chickens?)
cat
and he's complacent in swan rape culture
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
exactly. I bet he calls it Swan Lake instead of Swan Rape (which is what the whole ballet is actually about)

ballet? more like ovaryet rite.
cat
When are we going to start cracking down on rape culture in the animal kingdom? Cats have barbed penises that tear up the vagina of the female upon exiting, and ducks are some of this world's most awful sexual deviants.. they're necrophiles and rapists. Not to mention cannibals.

But noooo I kiss a girl on the cheek and I end up in jail. NO MORE FREE RIDES FOR SCROOGE MCDUCK
Quote by Rockford_rocks
Cats have barbed penises that tear up the vagina of the female upon exiting

I knew all the others, but not this. Shit's ****ed up yo.
Quote by progdude93
I knew all the others, but not this. Shit's ****ed up yo.

That's why they are so noisy when they have sex.

I know this from experience because I am a cat.
cat
Quote by guitarxo
That's why they are so noisy when they have sex.

I know this from experience because I am a cat.

Not without your old avatar (that you said you'd switch back to when whoomit came back..)

Also, that makes so much sense. It never sounds like enjoyment, just pain and a raw desire for a better life.
Quote by Rockford_rocks
But noooo I kiss a girl on the cheek and I end up in jail. NO MORE FREE RIDES FOR SCROOGE MCDUCK

lel.

But TS, isn't person sexist against daughters? HHHHHMMMMMMMMMMM?
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by snipelfritz
lel.

But TS, isn't person sexist against daughters? HHHHHMMMMMMMMMMM?

Fuck me, that is a good point. I guess I'm part of rape culture after all
Quote by StewieSwan
Fuck me, that is a good point. I guess I'm part of rape culture after all

Ok, but only if you consent.
Quote by StewieSwan
The very descriptor for what we are, human, contains an obvious gender bias that implies that being a man is the standard
No, it doesn't. Human is a word, it does nothing. You infer your conclusion from that word. But yes, it is loaded like all of our language; there is history obviously.

And of course what about Homo sapiens? People? Person? There are other descriptors that are more gender neutral. And I believe it is possible that an ahistorical interpretation might be that man derives from human. So then, why not just put a male qualifier onto the word man? Then you can have human, woman, and
Ah UG making fun of rape/consent culture. Shows just how classy most of you are.

Also, Stu's happiness to show how much of a misogynistic moron he is on this website really amuses me.
Quote by stepco12345
Ah UG making fun of rape/consent culture. Shows just how classy most of you are.

Also, Stu's happiness to show how much of a misogynistic moron he is on this website really amuses me.

Quote by stepco12345

I find it hard to take "rape/consent culture" seriously when many of the ardents of it do something like post a blog about how a man used the right words when asking to kiss her.
Quote by stepco12345

Oh yeah, you figured me out. I hate women so much. Nothing gets me harder than my privilege.
I'm offended by the double-use of the male descriptive word in "mailman".
We must change it to Postage-Person.
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie
i feel like you have an obsession with aubrey plaza.

Quote by WCPhils
at least we can all agree SGstriker is the woooooooooooooooooooooorst
Quote by Jackintehbox
Ok, but only if you consent.

Ask him if it's okay to kiss him first too
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Biased poll and idiot poll. Changing terms just because you don't like their latin roots is not a viable reason to change terms. It doesn't make anyone complacent to this "Rape Culture" people like to bitch about for no reason. Women rape and abuse men too. The difference is that men report it much less. That doesn't mean there is a rape culture at all and the similarities between terms doesn't create one and doesn't cause one. I prefer to call people Human beings because there is no viable reason to change the terms.

Edit: Because "Huperson" has the word son in it, you are encouraging a pedophilia culture in place of this "Rape culture." XD
Last edited by DeadlyIllness at Oct 8, 2013,
Quote by ehbacon
when did orange happen?!?

before you even joined...
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
Quote by DeadlyIllness
Biased poll and idiot poll. Changing terms just because you don't like their latin roots is not a viable reason to change terms. It doesn't make anyone complacent to this "Rape Culture" people like to bitch about for no reason. Women rape and abuse men too. The difference is that men report it much less. That doesn't mean there is a rape culture at all and the similarities between terms doesn't create one and doesn't cause one. I prefer to call people Human beings because there is no viable reason to change the terms.

Edit: Because "Huperson" has the word son in it, you are encouraging a pedophilia culture in place of this "Rape culture." XD

I think you're taking this shit way too seriously...

Also, someone already made the "son" joke.
Last edited by crazysam23_Atax at Oct 8, 2013,