I planning on forming a band. I put some song together first, make some videos for them, then look for band members. The genre is really complex: the easiest way to describe it as progressive melodic death metal, alrought there's a lot other genres present (mostly groove metal) and the genre itself varies from song to song because different genres are better to describe different emotions. Kinda like Dir En Grey, but with different genres.

Now I'm on a diet and I workout as much I can for weight losing. Fortunatlety I'm only slightly overweight, so it's an easy job. I also thinking on getting a black leather longcoat, and I have some idea on how to attach a wig on my head without losing it while headbanging (and without some glue ). Yeah, a wig, as my original hair is unthreatable, and too corase. I look like Claudio Sanchez from Coheed and Cambria, also most people found it uncool (some actually liked it but yeah, only a small number). Going bald just doesn't fit me.

Yet, I don't want to become the next black veil brides, who're usually targeted by their image (or their music). Also I don't want to pull out some visual kei.

Your opinions on it? How should I get my future band members to fit into the look?
first write music, then find bandmates, then practice, then record, THEN MAYBE give a tiny shit about your look.
No wig! just NO! Long black trench coats are kind of cliché.

The real rock attitude is to not give a **** what other people think.

More than anything else a wig says "I'm insecure and fake - what you see is not what you get." It doesn't matter what you look like you look perfectly find to play metal. Metalheads are generally ugly mother ****ers - it isn't American Idol dude.
Si
Well i think the image of the band is kinda important but the quality of music comes first. Also being UNIQUE is pretty important too.
You should be satisfied with your self image before you worry about your band's image. If a band member isn't satisfied with the person they are it will show through and it will taint the band's image in that way.
just try to be yourself as much as possible so you don't get laughed at when people realize you're pretending
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
No honest people in the music business really care about looks. Thinking of your favourite musicians, I bet half of them are ugly.
i used to play in a metal band, and we played this one show..

it was brutal and and the pit was killer and it was a sweet time. at the end, some guy came up to me and said something along the lines of "dude, youre sweet at bass, nice! but lik, youre in a metal band, why do you dress like that? its so faggy" i was wearing a regular striped t-shirt, some nice jeans and yeah. no long hair, no makeup, no any of that sh** and this motherf****ing black metal fan thought i was the biggest disgrace to metal since metallica since lulu (which didnt exist at the time)

point being, i had never met such a materialistic, image-driven loser in my life, and if youre that guy, **** i feel bad for you bro
Quote by dudester410
i used to play in a metal band, and we played this one show..

it was brutal and and the pit was killer and it was a sweet time. at the end, some guy came up to me and said something along the lines of "dude, youre sweet at bass, nice! but lik, youre in a metal band, why do you dress like that? its so faggy" **That's when I knocked him on his back with a punch to his nose, stood over him, spat in his face, and said, "Who's metal now BITCH!?!?!"**

If I were rewriting your life as a movie, this is how it would go.

If I were giving real life advice then I would not advise actually doing this but the point is the attitude and the music is what makes you rock'n'roll (or metal, w/ever) not the image.
Si
Quote by 20Tigers
If I were rewriting your life as a movie, this is how it would go.

If I were giving real life advice then I would not advise actually doing this but the point is the attitude and the music is what makes you rock'n'roll (or metal, w/ever) not the image.

convinced: 20Tigers was at the show