I've had this guitar for a long time it hasn't been playable in years I found it at a flea market and honestly don't even remember what I paid for it.

Anyways i'm almost positive it's not worth much or was brand new but I don't know why i'm just interested in where the hell this this came from and what the story is behind this Jaguar company.

Like I said it seems to just be a cheap guitar judging by the lack of serial number cheap volume nobs and anything showing where it was made. It has some random zebra pickup and yeah, that's pretty much it lol 21 frets.

I've been so curious (for whatever reason) I took the neck off to find any sort of info where it was made etc and found this. Not sure if it's jibbersh or some other language (maybe Korean?) after searching Jaguar guitars on google I found little info about a Korean guitar company and a bunch of Fender guitars.

Anyways if anyone knows anything about this let me know. I was thinking maybe I would get this in playing shape
Jackson DK2
1962 Fender Esquire
PEAVEY JSX 212
PEAVEY 6505+ 112
I'd reckon the Bundy sticker on it is worth more than the guitar....

It looks similar to the first guitar a mate back in the UK bought 20+ years ago to learn on. I recall him only spending around twenty five quid.
It's an opinion. It's subjective. And I'm right, anyway.
Quote by Slap-happy
I'd reckon the Bundy sticker on it is worth more than the guitar....

It looks similar to the first guitar a mate back in the UK bought 20+ years ago to learn on. I recall him only spending around twenty five quid.

Haha actually I do recall putting that sticker on myself I have an Australian mother who brought us cool stickers and that I put that one on over 8 years ago.
Jackson DK2
1962 Fender Esquire
PEAVEY JSX 212
PEAVEY 6505+ 112
Its early to mid 1980's Korean made. The headstock and truss cover look like they are from Samick to me. From the little info I've found, Jaguar started in about 1981 and only produced guitars for a few years.

From 1986-1987, Samick-made Epiphones had the exact same (not similar, but exact) headstock and truss cover on their S-Series strat-style guitars. They only ran that shape for the 1986-1987 model run due to threat of a lawsuit from Jackson. If the info I've found is correct about them being Korean, it would only make sense that they were also made at the Samick plant, most likley along side of the Epiphone S-Series guitars for a short while. This would also explain why there is little to no info about them, as they probably ended production of the Jaguar brand (at least for export) at the time of the lawsuit threat.

During the early 1980's, most, if not all, Korean export guitars were made at the Samick factory, just like most Japanese exports guitars were made at Matsumoku, Fuji-Gen or Terada (which were all connected to eachother in some way). Though my info on your guitar is mostly speculation, its pretty easy to put the pieces of the puzzle together knowing a little about asian guitar history of the early 1980's.

Hope this helps.
Last edited by RobinTH at Oct 10, 2013,
Quote by UFC on VHS
Haha actually I do recall putting that sticker on myself I have an Australian mother who brought us cool stickers and that I put that one on over 8 years ago.

Not sure how "cool" Bundy rum really is, to be fair....
Especially since I recall seeing it in a couple of bars on draught pre-mixed with cola.

Robin: Nicely done. Thinking about it, the guitar my mate had was probably a Samick.

Funnily enough I have a 40-odd year old Terada acoustic, with Gibson-style headstock. Actually a decent sounding instrument.
It's an opinion. It's subjective. And I'm right, anyway.
Quote by RobinTH
Its early to mid 1980's Korean made. The headstock and truss cover look like they are from Samick to me. From the little info I've found, Jaguar started in about 1981 and only produced guitars for a few years.

From 1986-1987, Samick-made Epiphones had the exact same (not similar, but exact) headstock and truss cover on their S-Series strat-style guitars. They only ran that shape for the 1986-1987 model run due to threat of a lawsuit from Jackson. If the info I've found is correct about them being Korean, it would only make sense that they were also made at the Samick plant, most likley along side of the Epiphone S-Series guitars for a short while. This would also explain why there is little to no info about them, as they probably ended production of the Jaguar brand (at least for export) at the time of the lawsuit threat.

During the early 1980's, most, if not all, Korean export guitars were made at the Samick factory, just like most Japanese exports guitars were made at Matsumoku, Fuji-Gen or Terada (which were all connected to eachother in some way). Though my info on your guitar is mostly speculation, its pretty easy to put the pieces of the puzzle together knowing a little about asain guitar history of the early 1980's.

Hope this helps.

Cool thanks for all the info.
Jackson DK2
1962 Fender Esquire
PEAVEY JSX 212
PEAVEY 6505+ 112
Quote by wowlace
Dafuq? Who puts a bundy sticker in a guitar?

A young kid?
Jackson DK2
1962 Fender Esquire
PEAVEY JSX 212
PEAVEY 6505+ 112