Thinking about getting one of these. Opinions yeah or no? I'm looking for something a little more versatile than my Peavey 6505+ to play other genres other than metal.
Ibanez Art100 (DiMarzio Evo in bridge)
Epiphone Goldtop (SD Black Winters
6505+ Head
Avatar 2x12 (Eminence Gov/Swamp Thang)
Well. It certainly can do metal and its really good for hard rock but it doesnt have a real clean channel. The channel 1 is a actually a crunch channel that does clean up when turned down but that doesnt leave much headroom. Same applies to its big brothers.

So I'm not really sure if its more versatile than 6505. Might be other way around actually. But the low gain crunch tones are good.

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Bugera 333
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3
^ yeah it sounds a bit different from a 6505 rather than being more versatile. nice amp (if the 50 i have is anything to go by) for the price, especially in europe, though.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
if you can expand your budget take a look at the EVH 5153. i think theyre about $1000 US for the 50w combo
It's not any more versatile than a 6505, it's just different.
I own the jca22h. It's a great amp, but there isn't much clean headroom, there's enough though. Especially if using single coils. First thing you need to do though is replace the tubes, the stock chinese tubes are abysmal, scooped mids and breakup very very very fast.