Hey all,
Was just hoping to get to some help with guitar sound issues, i am a complete amateur when it comes to setting my rig up and know little about anything other than playing! It seems to me like the sound is too sensitive and the slightest touch on my guitar causes a loud messy noise to come through the amp, plus each note is not very clear so all in all I'm not getting a tone with much tone clarity or much control, any advice or tips will be much appreciated
I am currently running an ibanez s570b through an orange crush pix cr20ldx

Thanks
turn your gain down
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Turn off overdrive on your amp, lower the gain as Dave said above. Turn off the effects on your amp. If that's still not giving any results, try lowering your pickups- It seems like they could be too high. If this still isn't working, try your guitar in a different amp or try a different guitar on your current amp, and see if the problem persists to pinpoint the source of it.
^^ Both those posters are wrong. WRONG WRONG WRONG.

Turn your overdrive (gain) ALL THE WAY UP. If you want to get better at electric guitar, you need to get used to controlling your distortion. You need to learn how to mute the notes/strings you are not playing, all the time. More distortion will make you sound sloppy UNTIL you get your muting down pat. I recommend practicing out of your amp LOUDLY as much as you can in a day.

That being said, NEVER use your distortion to cheat. Many people cheat when they learn things like legato and tapping by letting the distortion do all the work. If you cannot play the song without distortion, it probably sounds very weak and inarticulate when you have distortion on.

In short, practice with both, but you need to learn how to mute if you ever want to be an ELECTRIC guitarist.

Trust me, don't be like me and show up to your first band audition and realize that when playing really loud in a tiny room all you can hear is bad notes/strings ringing. Makes you feel like your starting all over learning.
Wow that's some incredibly terrible advice right there!
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
Wow that's some incredibly terrible advice right there!

Mine?

Ok, fine, play your electric without any volume or gain ever and never learn to mute, control or play loudly with others.

That's how you solve a problem, pretend it isn't there. What a great way to teach people to get better at guitar.

No-one suggested ignoring it. But from the sounds of it, he has his gain too high.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
In fairness I did, it was ridiculous "advice" and the fact that it opened with "WRONG WRONG WRONG" indicates arrogance of the highest order. Arrogant people tend to be far more concerned with simply getting their point across, rather than actually considering the entire argument or what may actually be useful to the person asking the question.

That being the case it is indeed usually best to ignore them.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Practice both with and without. Don't overdo the distortion but learn to play with it. Everyone has these distortion muting problems starting out. Learn muting techniques with both hands to control it those open strings and listen. It takes time getting used to it but you become more dexterous as you practice. I think that's likely your problem.
^ +1

Quote by steven seagull
In fairness I did, it was ridiculous "advice" and the fact that it opened with "WRONG WRONG WRONG" indicates arrogance of the highest order. Arrogant people tend to be far more concerned with simply getting their point across, rather than actually considering the entire argument or what may actually be useful to the person asking the question.

That being the case it is indeed usually best to ignore them.

I meant ignoring muting with distortion, as he suggested
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?