"Lays" regular chips are purposefully worse than the "light" variety (with Poll)

Poll: The Lays conspiracy
Poll Options
View poll results: The Lays conspiracy
Lays Light are a healthy alternative, the company is considerate of us. Praise the Lays corporation
3 5%
Lays Light are a ruse, those guys don't fool me.
5 9%
OP had an exceptionally crappy bag of regular Lays and got salty.
26 47%
I'm a Pringles guy.
21 38%
Voters: 55.
Page 1 of 2
As someone who often enjoys the "Lays" chips and having eaten serious amounts of "Lays Light" (because less saturated fats but that's not the point), I find myself munchin on the regular kind and here is what I found:

- Brown chips
- Transparent chips
- Transparent chip grease-glued on another brown chip
- Quite thin and break easily

Now the "light" variety:

- Nice yellow colour
- Opaque (!)
- Pack a nice crunch

So what does this mean? The Lays company is purposefully making the regular kind of taters look and taste crappy to boost the sales on the "light" variety. Here are the benefits:

- Less expensive to make because of less oil usage
- People think they're the healthiest thing around and choose them over the competition
- When people do go back and eat the regular ones they notice the difference and go right back to "light", without questioning why the taters are so shitty
- Regular kind is shitty because who cares.

I say we embargo Lays.

The white spots are there because the workers no longer get paid
Quote by Minicaxotinho

So what does this mean? The Lays company is purposefully making the regular kind of taters look and taste crappy to boost the sales on the "light" variety. Here are the benefits:

What's taters precious???
Quote by LostLegion
Walkers are better anyway

Lays is Walkers m8 >.>

I think Walkers are just called Lays everywhere except the UK
But the point is the greedy corporation is lowering the standards of good potato chips, those capitalist pigs.
Last edited by Minicaxotinho at Oct 10, 2013,
Quote by OVER9000VIDEOS
what kind of disgusting pig eats original lays? get some salt and vinegar or dill pickle

I can only assume you meant to promote Prawn & Cocktail as the undisputed best flavour
Quote by sam b
Lays is Walkers m8 >.>

(that's the joke sam)
Quote by Trowzaa
(that's the joke sam)

Bet it isnt, you'd be surprised how many people from the UK don't know. That said, why would they?
So why would they simply not make the regular Lays like their Light variety? "now with X% less fat (or whatever), same good taste!" you know something like that?

By the way I've heard that Doritos has some shady marketing tachnique too. Like they constantly reduce the spices they put on their regular variety (nachos, BBQ, whatever), and then they release a new variety like "super cheese" or whatever in which they just put the same amount of spices they used to have.
Quote by DarkLiquor
I like you. Compassionate and strong. Glad theres people like you.

"What is the best kind of slave to have? One who does not realize they are a slave"
Wake up people!
Last edited by shelovemyguitar at Oct 10, 2013,
Quote by willT08
I can only assume you meant to promote Prawn & Cocktail as the undisputed best flavour

What a strange name for a chip flavor. Never tasted that in my life, weirdo Brit

although in Canada we have our own weird chips that are apparently nowhere else:

chek it
^
Those looks disgusting. I bet they are actually pretty good though, eh?
For how can I give the King his place of worth above all else
when I spend my time striving to place the crown upon myself?
Quote by Rawshik
^

They are actually pretty good :P

Didn't you guys have those too? Weird as ****...

Quote by DarkLiquor

"What is the best kind of slave to have? One who does not realize they are a slave"
Wake up people!
Last edited by shelovemyguitar at Oct 10, 2013,
Quote by Rawshik
^

every American I've given them to becomes instantly hooked

don't really even taste like ketchup tbh

Here, buy a bag only 8 dolla ONLY 4 LEFT

http://www.amazon.com/Lays-Ketchup-Chips-1-Bag/dp/B0043KZBPC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1381440995&sr=8-1&keywords=lays+ketchup
lol light chips

things just keep getting sillier and sillier
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Quote by shelovemyguitar
They are actually pretty good :P

Didn't you guys have those too? Weird as ****...

Those grilled cheese ones look delicious.

Quote by OVER9000VIDEOS
every American I've given them to becomes instantly hooked

don't really even taste like ketchup tbh

Here, buy a bag only 8 dolla ONLY 4 LEFT

http://www.amazon.com/Lays-Ketchup-Chips-1-Bag/dp/B0043KZBPC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1381440995&sr=8-1&keywords=lays+ketchup

8 dollars for a bag of chips? lolno
Quote by Rawshik
Those grilled cheese ones look delicious.

Dude, that's "grilled cheese and ketchup". I wouldn't even eat a grilled cheese with ketchup, I won't eat that crap in powder form on some chips? How's that even supposed to be normal?
Quote by DarkLiquor

Wake up people!
Quote by sam b
Lays is Walkers m8 >.>

Brits have to be different from the rest of the world in everything. Also, I never got why Opel cars are branded as Vauxhall in your weird islands.
Quote by shelovemyguitar
Dude, that's "grilled cheese and ketchup". I wouldn't even eat a grilled cheese with ketchup, I won't eat that crap in powder form on some chips? How's that even supposed to be normal?

I wouldn't eat normal jalapenos but jalapeno flavored chips is clearly the best.
Quote by captainsnazz
Mate we have ketchup crisps and they don't look grim like that.

then they're clearly not as good, which is why yr country isn't known for them ;-]
Quote by N3WW4V3N1NJ4
Irrelevant, why is this important to awesome people who make music and such?

Because no one likes eating crappy transparent sometimes brown chips, unless you're a special kind of awesome like Ozzy Osbourne.

BAT FLAVOURED CHIPS.

BOOM.
And what the **** is up with Lays Gourmet?

Oh shit all the flavours just keep coming to my mind, it's the Lays corporation in action!
Quote by Minicaxotinho
And what the **** is up with Lays Gourmet?

Oh shit all the flavours just keep coming to my mind, it's the Lays corporation in action!

While we're at it...
Quote by Minicaxotinho
Well I liked those. Scumbag Lays corporation.

To be honest, you only buy what you want. If they make you drop a few more coins for some chips in a prettier package, it's your fault for giving it to them. That said, I also like those Gourmet and Artesanais.
Page 1 of 2