so I've been looking for a combo tube amp the is very versitile and ran into the blackstar ht60. ibe already tried out the amp and its awsome...but i want to know if anyone has tried a boost or overdrive pedal in front of the amp i like the distortion but imo i like a more tight sound like periphery that "djent" sound you get which i love and i want to know if i can acheive that withthis amp. anyone is more that welcome to respond to this thread. thanx.
Short answer, probably not.

Play our game and answer these questions, then we can help

Budget? - What is practical for you and what is your limit?

Genres? - What style do you play mostly, fav guitarists, do you need cleans, etc?

New or Used? - Lots of great amps out there used, especially in a down economy.

Home or Gig? - Also important. Maybe you do both. Jamming with a drummer can be considered 'gigging' but you won't have a PA etc.

Closest City? - We aren't here to stalk you but we need to know where you are in the world roughly and we can help further if we know what city you are in (ie craigslist, local shops, Guitar Center used section, etc)

Current Gear? - Also good for us to know.
You're aware the HT series has some solid state stuff going on in the signal path, right? If you don't care and like how it sounds, it doesn't matter, but you said you were after a tube amp, so I figure you might as well go in with your eyes open...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
i really think is a great amp man! Blackstar are very good amps if you like it more than anything you have tested it buy it, but i really suggest that you try other amps cause you never know and about the boost thing it would probably work.
Bugera 6262
Squier Showmaster
Richman Custom
Starfire 7
Ibanez EX
Agile Interceptor 725
Behringer GX212 (now works as head)
JOYO JF 01
Kimaxe PJ Bass
Maybe the place that let you try it will let you throw a boost pedal in front of it so you can see how it sounds to you. I'm pretty sure it will work. I have a Blackstar HT-1R and it works on that.

I made a short vid with the HT-1R I'll probably take it down soon since the quality sucks with a cell phone recording. If it will boost my 1watt amp it will do a lot more for your HT 60...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yo-_PTfEO88
Last edited by Blackfire. at Oct 11, 2013,
I have an HTV-100 and I use the blackstar boost. It works perfectly as a boost on the OD1 channel but too loud on the clean and to quiet on the OD2 but I use the optional voicing toe-tap as a bosst anyhow on OD 2. The tube in it will need changing after a while but it really gives a nice warm boost addin a little xtra break up

...your gunna wanna ask here....

http://www.blackstaramps.com/forum/

...folks round here aren´t so blackstar friendly.
I believe in god, jesus and the holy ghost.....or as i call them Angus, Kirk and Lemmy
Yeah it's a damn shame we're not so amenable to Blackstar products as its own fanboy forum.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Blackfire.
Maybe the place that let you try it will let you throw a boost pedal in front of it so you can see how it sounds to you. I'm pretty sure it will work. I have a Blackstar HT-1R and it works on that.

I made a short vid with the HT-1R I'll probably take it down soon since the quality sucks with a cell phone recording. If it will boost my 1watt amp it will do a lot more for your HT 60...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yo-_PTfEO88

is that an smarvo 2x12 on the left???
Bugera 6262
Squier Showmaster
Richman Custom
Starfire 7
Ibanez EX
Agile Interceptor 725
Behringer GX212 (now works as head)
JOYO JF 01
Kimaxe PJ Bass
Quote by Dave_Mc
Yeah it's a damn shame we're not so amenable to Blackstar products as its own fanboy forum.

...tried helping the guy out with his question....unlike your first answer which had nothing to do with the question in the post.

It´´s more likely that he´ll find someone there that will have tried different boost pedals infront of an ht60 than here...
I believe in god, jesus and the holy ghost.....or as i call them Angus, Kirk and Lemmy
Quote by Tenebrion
is that an smarvo 2x12 on the left???

That's my old Fender Roc Pro 700 that was sitting in my storage forever heh.
Quote by Blackst4r
(a) ...tried helping the guy out with his question....unlike your first answer which had nothing to do with the question in the post.

(b) It´´s more likely that he´ll find someone there that will have tried different boost pedals infront of an ht60 than here...

(a) He said he wanted a tube amp. If I wanted a tube amp I'd want someone to tell me the amp I was considering was actually hybrid. YMMV on that, but I don't see how what I said wasn't helpful.

(b) Yep probably, to be fair.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
It is kind of crazy how zealous some BS fans are. I mean... they're OKAY. Like seriously. Very just... okay.

On topic: When I think of djent, Blackstar doesn't come to my mind whatsoever. MAYBE an S1, but I'm guessing that's out of your price range.

Personally, I think going for djent on a tube amp at all is a silly endeavor. Djent was basically CREATED on Line 6 X3 technology. That'll do it quick, easy and cheap. Some nice amps can do that sound, like the EVH 5150 III is pretty popular for it, or something like the Fryette/VHT Sig:X wouldn't have a problem with it.

If you really want a tube amp in your assumed budget, you'll get there a lot easier with something like a 6505+ 112. A Line 6 Spider Valve Mk.II wouldn't be a terrible choice either, I don't think. Might take a while to dial in. A Line 6 Vetta/II would nail it, that's straight up X3 tech. They only come in 212 combo formats though, unfortunately (you could always get a head and a 2x12 cab of course).

Obviously the Line 6 POD HD tech has been very popular for it, you can't go wrong there.

Djent relies a lot on really, really fast attack and gating, which is basically the opposite of what people find desirable in tube amps. That's a good gist of what I'm trying to say.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X