Poll: Best Glam Metal Band - Cast your vote!
Poll Options
View poll results: Best Glam Metal Band - Cast your vote!
Def Leppard
5 18%
Motley Crüe
8 29%
Kiss
2 7%
Reckless Love
2 7%
Poison
3 11%
Europe
4 14%
Bang Camaro
2 7%
Cinderella
2 7%
Ratt
6 21%
Van Halen
14 50%
Voters: 28.
Feel free to submit bands that I couldn't fit on the poll!
Last edited by N3WW4V3N1NJ4 at Oct 10, 2013,
i dont really bundle Van Halen into hair metal, but id say Motley Crue takes it.

after listening to all of their shit you don't really need to listen to many more bands after them.
Quote by Nelsean
Lil B, the young based god, has the ability to create music so profound, that others around him cannot even comprehend his magnificent verbal progressive nature.

Quote by The_Blode
^ oh hey y'all females...welcome !
Van Halen.

I got it baaaad got it baaaaaad got it baaaaaad.

Maybe Motley Crue? If only because the way they made girls dress like slots
Van Halen were hair metal before hair metal was even really a thing.

Source: Self titled album released in 1978.
Quote by rockgodman
I hate to say it, but aren't glam metal and hair metal 2 different things?

Kind of, but kind of not. Musically, they might as well be the same. In terms of how the performers presented themselves (or tried to anyway), they differed.
Dokken. George ****in' Lynch!

Steel Panther (funny humor and lyrics aside) really kick ass too. Those guys can play most of the glam bands they parody under the table any day of the week. The fact that they take nothing seriously and have pretty hilarious lyrics just makes it that much better.
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
Skid Row. Seriously. Back then Bach's voice was killer and every riff on Slave To The Grind is a headbanger.
Quote by N3WW4V3N1NJ4
For some reason I can't access that whatever-it-is you posted. Please give a text answer.
It was a pic of Styper...
Yep, Poison.

I’m not the man I used to be, I... I can’t go back to Arkham.

I... I should return to Arkham.

Among the churchyard’s mouldering stones I recognise a name – my own.
I have come home to Arkham.

I have to go with Ratt, I love all the bands mentioned but Ratt is hands down my favorite.