Today I received a certificate of selection award: the "national academy of future physicians and medical scientists award of excellence" ---- for OUTSTANDING grades, and leadership, and blah, blah, blah. It's an actual certificate saying that I am awesome and all that other "I want you to feel good about yourself" crap.

What I want to know is if this is legit. Only 2,000 students in America get it, so why the heck would they choose me? I get decent to above average grades, my EC's are okay, and I did health science (clinical rotations) for 2 years along with some other good clubs/programs (debate, ROTC, etc). But nothing about my transcript or school life truly separates me academically or even leadership wise from most students who makes B and few A's in honors and AP classes.

Secondly, it cost a BUTT LOAD. Why the heck would I pay so much to see a bunch of doctors and scientists talk about my "reachable" future? Doesn't make sense. If they really wanted me, they would give a decent award, some worth while scholarships, and an invitation for FREE. No costs.

Scam or not. I'm not buying into it. What do you think of academic scams, Pit?
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Last edited by k.lainad at Oct 10, 2013,
the fact you are having to ask this proves that you wouldn't qualify for the real thing
🙈 🙉 🙊
if you want to make sure they don't take all of your money you can give it to me to look after while you check it out
you seem gullible so I think that would be for the best
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Quote by entity0009
the fact you are having to ask this proves that you wouldn't qualify for the real thing

Im not asking the fuking pit for academic advice, lol. I'm asking what's your opinion on academic scams, and preferably this one.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)

Quote by k.lainad
Im not asking the fuking pit for academic advice, lol. I'm asking what's your opinion on academic scams, and preferably this one.

I know I just saw the chance to make that joke and seized it
🙈 🙉 🙊
All honors societies are scams. Even the legitimate ones.
You get to pay them to say "hey look I'm in an honors socitey!"
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
Quote by Hydra150

you seem gullible so I think that would be for the best

I can't tell if you're trolling or not. How can I be gullible if i don't even believe the freaking award I got sent?
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

Quote by The_Blode

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.

Click the reply button in your email client. Does the sender address look legitimate? My guess is that it doesn't.
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Click the reply button in your email client. Does the sender address look legitimate? My guess is that it doesn't.

It got sent from Washington in a physical mail. I have a physical copy of my certificate right now. It looks hella legit, but i know its a scam for my money
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

Quote by The_Blode

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.

Quote by entity0009

The fact that you can't see this is a (not so) subtle chance to brag proves you don't understand social subtext.
Quote by k.lainad
It got sent from Washington in a physical mail. I have a physical copy of my certificate right now. It looks hella legit, but i know its a scam for my money

Is there a contact number or other contact info? Are you even a pre-med or med student?
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Is there a contact number or other contact info? Are you even a pre-med or med student?

Haha, this is for highschool students, man. This is a REAL thing, its just a huge azz scam and is not worth it.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

Quote by The_Blode

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.

Quote by k.lainad
Haha, this is for highschool students, man.

I figured since it said something about future medical doctors, it was for university. Didn't realize you're only in HS.

This is a REAL thing, its just a huge azz scam and is not worth it.

In that case...shred the letter.
Last edited by crazysam23_Atax at Oct 10, 2013,
Quote by k.lainad
Haha, this is for highschool students, man. This is a REAL thing, its just a huge azz scam and is not worth it.

You should really go all out and print an "Award for Bullshit" certificate and mail it to them. Just return the favor for the offer a great opportunity.
Quote by Dimarzio45
You should really go all out and print an "Award for Bullshit" certificate and mail it to them. Just return the favor for the offer a great opportunity.

I should just this to their leader board forum.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

Quote by The_Blode

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.

Quote by k.lainad
I should just this to their leader board forum.

I like the way you think, 'kid'.
Quote by Masquirina
I dunno, eat it for sup.

I would, but... You know how indian food smell like crap but tastes good... its like that. It smells like bullsh*t so it's really hard to consume. I wasn't that hungry anyways.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

Quote by The_Blode

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.

I used to get that kind of shit on a weekly basis when I was in high school

if you don't toss it in the trash you a tard
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
Quote by TunerAddict
I used to get that kind of shit on a weekly basis when I was in high school

if you don't toss it in the trash you a tard

yeah man. I always get letters like this, but this one had freaking certificate, lol. It's like I actually earned something, lol. But yeah, its been in the stinking trash for a few hours now. Hope the roaches like their feast
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

Quote by The_Blode

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.

It is actually real.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
All school awards are pointless, if they don't help you get a scholarship. In 8th grade, I won an award for being the quietest kid in the school. Most shameful day of my life.
¯\_()_/¯
Quote by CaptainCanti
In 8th grade, I won an award for being the quietest kid in the school.

But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
The only reward I ever recieved was a certificate proving my perserverance. I got it for not crying like a baby when I had my broken arm mended at the age of 8.

Rewards are earned, not given.