http://soundcloud.com/jonathan-wade-5 (the three latest songs)

I wrote some songs a long time ago, took even longer to get the energy to record home demos. Then I decided why the hell not, won't hurt to studio record it haha

Tell me what you think of Mary Jane, Loose Knots, and Until The End!
Quote by Pyrotechie
http://soundcloud.com/jonathan-wade-5 (the three latest songs)

I wrote some songs a long time ago, took even longer to get the energy to record home demos. Then I decided why the hell not, won't hurt to studio record it haha

Tell me what you think of Mary Jane, Loose Knots, and Until The End!

Hey, you've got some cool songs. Very 90's. I especially like the part in Mary Jane where the distorted guitar kicks in, but Loose Knots would have to be my favourite song though.

My only real complaint would be the production. It's not bad, but if it were a little better these songs would sound really cool. The drums seem to be the biggest thing holding these songs back. The hi hats seem to be a little too loud for me, and the snare lacks the kind of snap I like in this kind of music.

Other than that, very cool stuff. Keep up the good work.
pyro,
Thank you for the reviews! Now your music (I thought the latest songs were on top) "I Like Your Face": this reminds me of a cross between the Cure (especially the flanger/delay guitar) and New Order (this is a compliment). The audio quality is good, and I like it all actually. At 3:15 the synth reminds me of the Cars (a compliment). The whole song sounds quite 80's (fine by me!). Nice song! "The Ocean": I had to turn this one down: lots of treble & I'm sensitive to high frequencies. The song is good, though I like the previous one better. I heard a 'Cars-type synth" again (fine by me). "Aliens": I dig the main/intro guitar/bass riff. The vocal style fits the song well. Overall I like this the best of the three, partially because it sounds the most original. Nothing significant to gripe about. Cool song. All 3 songs are good......Oh wait I like this "Free Falling" song, I like the intro/verse (very cool) better than the chorus (chorus is fine though). Interesting lead guitar: almost has a synth quality. "Until the End": most of the vocals sound pitchy, this was my least favorite of the ones I reviewed (the song itself is fine). I like the electric bass. Cheers!
Last edited by aaron aardvark at Nov 23, 2013,
Quote by aaron aardvark
pyro,
Thank you for the reviews! Now your music (I thought the latest songs were on top) "I Like Your Face": this reminds me of a cross between the Cure (especially the flanger/delay guitar) and New Order (this is a compliment). The audio quality is good, and I like it all actually. At 3:15 the synth reminds me of the Cars (a compliment). The whole song sounds quite 80's (fine by me!). Nice song! "The Ocean": I had to turn this one down: lots of treble & I'm sensitive to high frequencies. The song is good, though I like the previous one better. I heard a 'Cars-type synth" again (fine by me). "Aliens": I dig the main/intro guitar/bass riff. The vocal style fits the song well. Overall I like this the best of the three, partially because it sounds the most original. Nothing significant to gripe about. Cool song. All 3 songs are good......Oh wait I like this "Free Falling" song, I like the intro/verse (very cool) better than the chorus (chorus is fine though). Interesting lead guitar: almost has a synth quality. "Until the End": most of the vocals sound pitchy, this was my least favorite of the ones I reviewed (the song itself is fine). I like the electric bass. Cheers!

Uh...man? Those aren't any of my songs lol. I think you misread something.
Until The End is really catchy, the vocals sit perfectly in the mix. The abundance of effects made it an interesting listen but I liked the others more. Mary Jane is a very pretty song, the acoustic guitar is complimented well by the driving bass line, and the synths were pretty cool. Again I would have to say the vocals are really the star of the show, as they should be. They are layered well and are generally pleasing to listen to. Loose knots reminds me of a 90s grunge type song. Which is fine by me. It has a nice pulse and and the vocals flow very well to the beat. Sort of like a rap song, but it is actually good haha. I followed you, I look forward to hearing some more tunes!
My name is Ryan and I play the bass guitar.
Quote by Walpurgis
Until The End is really catchy, the vocals sit perfectly in the mix. The abundance of effects made it an interesting listen but I liked the others more. Mary Jane is a very pretty song, the acoustic guitar is complimented well by the driving bass line, and the synths were pretty cool. Again I would have to say the vocals are really the star of the show, as they should be. They are layered well and are generally pleasing to listen to. Loose knots reminds me of a 90s grunge type song. Which is fine by me. It has a nice pulse and and the vocals flow very well to the beat. Sort of like a rap song, but it is actually good haha. I followed you, I look forward to hearing some more tunes!

Haha thanks man. I think I gave you a follow as well. It's still weird to me to have people say my vocals are good, but I appreciate it!