Hi, I was out looking for gutars for sale, 'cause I have nothing to do at 1 AM, and I found a guy who was ready to sell or trade his Jackson DK2M red for 400$ or do an trade with something else. I'd like to know : If I trade my Godin Lg Hmb flame top for his Jackson DK2M made in Japan, am I making a good deal? btw, I dont care about the floyd I'll probably block it off.

Do you have any horrible experiences with a DK2M, or is it, in your opinion, one of the best guitars out there?

Thanks
It would be sortof a sideway trade. both guitars are worth pretty much the same...

Those two guitars are completely different from each other though. Do you want a more metal sound or do you want versatility? What other guitars do you have? What amp do you have?

They're both good guitars. However a blues player would be horribly dissapointed with the jackson and a hard rock player would be dissapointed with the Godin

EDIT: If you don't want to use a floyd, don't get a guitar with a floyd.... I'm changing my answer from "maybe do it" to "don't do it"
^ agreed, i'd probably hang onto the godin, especially if you know you don't want a floyd.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I guess it's a matter of taste but I don't like Floyds too much. Makes changing strings / even tuning sometimes a pain in the ass (even though the Jackson I had kep its tune very well), and even if you block it I feel like it impacts the sound negatively... but that's just me. I'd keep the Godin.