Soon I'm probably going to create my own pedalboard as I'm soon going to have a fair few pedals. When my two new ones arrive I will have these:
1) Korg Pitchblack tuner
2) Digitech Bad Monkey
3) Boss NS-2
4) peavey VK footswitch
(possibly get an EQ pedal in the future)

My question is, how to power them.
At the moment, I have two 9V power cables, and that is fine for the moment, but with my new pedals, how should I power them?

I was thinking I could get a daisy chain, and connect them using one 9V power cable, then chain the power to other pedals. Would this be possible/would it damage my equipment?
I know I could get a brick, but well, they're expensive and funds are limited.
Last edited by ambler3 at Oct 11, 2013,
Something like this?

If that's the case, you're fine until your pedals' required current doesn't exceed the maximum power output of your supply.
In that case I don't really know if the pedals would just have less headroom or if you would cook the power supply.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
One Spot power supply with a 5 daisy chain.
Ibanez RGR421EXFM >> Maxon OD808 >> BOSS NS-2 >> Peavey 5150 212
if you already have the ns2 you might as well try it and see if you're getting any noise. if not, sorted.
Quote by crownegamers
I saw in a couple of pictures that on Bucketheads Les Paul (only some pictures) that his neck pickup is painted in white. Can anyone explain to me why he would do this, and if there are any pros and cons.

Quote by dspellman
The guy wears a KFC Bucket and a white mask during performances, and you're interested in the color of his pickup covers?

Get something like a power brick, just will hum less, or if you're a bit more serious, voodoo labs pedal power 2 (Y)
>Gibson & Schecter Guitars
>Orange Amps
>And some neighbours to piss off
isn't a power brick a glorified daisy chain? I mean if he already has an NS2 it's a daisy chain...
Quote by crownegamers
I saw in a couple of pictures that on Bucketheads Les Paul (only some pictures) that his neck pickup is painted in white. Can anyone explain to me why he would do this, and if there are any pros and cons.

Quote by dspellman
The guy wears a KFC Bucket and a white mask during performances, and you're interested in the color of his pickup covers?

Cheers for the answers, i'll probably just kick my tuner pedal out for the moment, and replace it with the bad monkey for the moment while I decide what to do, as I could just grab a cheap power brick for £30-40

Saying that, just found a HB powerplant on gumtree for £15, so might grab that next weekend.
you don't need to, the ns2 will power your pedals with a daisy chain lead.
Quote by crownegamers

Quote by dspellman