Page 1 of 2
What is your countries national anthem and do you like it?
Last edited by macashmack at Oct 11, 2013,
objectively america's is better than the UK's. It's far from the best though [see russia/most eastern euro countries]
ANA is shit. Should change it to Stronger by Kanye
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
amerika war anthem is excellent
Quote by Johnny_Ibanez
God Save The Queen is dreary, bleak and awful. We should have Rule Britannia instead.

Yep. It might be good again when it's God Save The King though because Kings are objectively better than Queens.
Honestly God Save The Queen and The Star-Spangled Banner are two of the worst national anthems of all time.

The best ones go to Italy and Russia.
I like Daniel Tosh's idea of having a 30 minute long anthem with a 7 minute guitar solo but other than that the US's anthem is okay.
Last edited by NhiaThao at Oct 11, 2013,
Quote by Johnny_Ibanez
God Save The Queen is dreary, bleak and awful. We should have Rule Britannia instead.

+yes
Rule Britania is amazing.

I'm a fan of my national anthem, just not the people who sing it.
I like the US's. I value the situation in which it was written, all the reasons and meanings behind that moment, and my sense of pride in my country.
This is why I don't like arguing on the internet.
Quote by damian_91
If only you could back that statement up.
Quote by Zombee
Wolfgang's Philadelphia Study. Look it up yourself.
Quote by damian_91
No need to, absurd generalizations aren't my thing.
But seriously, our national anthem should be We Will Rock You.
Quote by willT08
How could I not?

Cuz it's played on real instruments.

OT: Not really.

This thread is now about the coolest national anthems. Mongolia has the best anthem of all time. Instead of being some bombastic march like every other anthem, it focuses more on a great, soothing melody that's actually inspired by their traditional music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gx2uTethPVw
Check out my band Disturbed
Last edited by StewieSwan at Oct 11, 2013,
no it's pretty dreadful but it's not like it's on the radio
i don't know why i feel so dry
America's national anthem sucks.
"Dude, am I really thinking or am I, just like, thinking that I'm thinking?" -Bill Nye

CHIMPS>WOLVES

Quote by progdude93
I don't believe the Big Bang
I really dislike the Star Spangled Banner as a song. There are definitely some occasions when someone knocks it out of the park and sends shivers down everyone's spine, but on the most part it's a song with absolutely no flow to it and the lyrics are dumb. We get it, the flag's cool and stuff, how about an anthem that actually says something about the country and doesn't just talk about how resilient the flag is?

That said, you can't beat it when the crowd gets into it like only my hockey team's fans do
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AzY8p01ut4

It's hard to find a good video example, either the quality is ass or the crowd noise gets turned down by the network the game's on. But trust me, being there is an absolutely deafening and bone-chilling experience
Musically the American anthem is too difficult to sing for most people and the lyrics are a jumbled mess. Not one of the better anthems, imo. People just get super psyched by hearing an ascending sequence of notes with the lyrics "land of the free and the home of the brave" attached.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
When is the last time any of you were at a party and someone turned off the lil jon to play the national anthem?
"Dude, am I really thinking or am I, just like, thinking that I'm thinking?" -Bill Nye

CHIMPS>WOLVES

Quote by progdude93
I don't believe the Big Bang
The US national anthem is awesome when performed properly.
So about 10% of the time.
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
In elementary school they played grand ol' flag after the pledge of allegiance. It was like "justice for all.... (Join the air force, join the air force)... you're a grand ol' flaaag"

but yeah that one is better than the anthem.
I'm not a fan of my national anthem (Canada). Especially the mixed English/French version *shudder*
How could I not the sex pistols wrote it
You hit 'em and they get back up
I hit 'em and they stay down
- Frank Castle
No, **** the queen
Quote by ErikLensherr
Did you hear about the cockney Godfather?

He made them an offer they couldn't understand.
Yes, but it isn't preformed very well most of the time.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Page 1 of 2