Hey everyone, its been a while since I've posted a song here. But I feel like I could use some good criticism. I have this song that I wrote a month back, I kind of keep to the same formula as my other recent songs. Probably the chorus rhythm part is my favorite. I'm not sure why I did that weird fast run at the end of the repeated riff but it just works somehow haha. Also the clean part is pretty cool too. Was a fun song to write.

Anyways check it out and I will gladly c4c

https://soundcloud.com/profound-obscurity/a-knew-wun
Hey there! I'm surprised this has no comments. I makes me wonder what metal bands you listen to. It reminded me a lot of a band called War of Ages, then it started reminding me of Powerglove (do you know who that is?) then Animals as Leaders then After the Burial. All of which are bands I love. I love the guitar harmonies. Do you ever put vocals with your stuff? I really want to know about your influences. This was great. Also, C4C?

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1620040
Last edited by blacksails6666 at Oct 15, 2013,
Fade-in intro is pretty cool. I enjoy the first riff, a bit generic being a I-bVI chord progression but it's still a cool riff. First impression I got was very Trivium inspired. The riff after the solo is very cool, outlines the chord progression really well and the staccatto riff that follows suits nicely. Good thing about the song is that there's a good amount of repetition that doesn't damage the flow of the song. Overall really good riffs and leads. Would love to hear this with vocals! The change in to the clean section could really benefit from vocals, although it is still really good by itself and like I said before, doesn't damage the consistency of the song. However, I feel that towards the end of the song the repetition of previous riffs does make the song lose a bit of energy. If you added vocals that could make a difference though?

As for production is does sound a bit thin, not too bad but I think if you thickened it out a bit it could really make a difference. Perhaps less gain and more mids on the guitars could be good? Did you do many overdubs or multi tracking?

But overall a cool song with tasty riffs Keep up the good work!

c4c?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1619214
Quote by blacksails6666
Hey there! I'm surprised this has no comments. I makes me wonder what metal bands you listen to. It reminded me a lot of a band called War of Ages, then it started reminding me of Powerglove (do you know who that is?) then Animals as Leaders then After the Burial. All of which are bands I love. I love the guitar harmonies. Do you ever put vocals with your stuff? I really want to know about your influences. This was great. Also, C4C?

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1620040

Hi! I've never heard of War of Ages, I will check them out. For the most part I'm influenced by bands like Between The Buried And Me, Misha Mansoor from Periphery influences my playing quite a bit here and there. I would say for sure that Arch Enemy's harmonies are the reason why I can't help but put random harmonies all over my music. I do like Animals as Leaders though, I wouldn't say Tosin really influences me to write the way I do but I really enjoy his whole style and way he approaches songwriting, that's also a reason why I enjoy Misha's music. As for vocals I only do growling vocals on my heavy songs and don't really know of anyone that can record singing for me. I've actually had a bit of trouble trying to find a way to record singing vocals in a recent song I've made and decided to just leave it out for now, maybe in the future though. Thanks for the listen!

Quote by Bocob
Fade-in intro is pretty cool. I enjoy the first riff, a bit generic being a I-bVI chord progression but it's still a cool riff. First impression I got was very Trivium inspired. The riff after the solo is very cool, outlines the chord progression really well and the staccatto riff that follows suits nicely. Good thing about the song is that there's a good amount of repetition that doesn't damage the flow of the song. Overall really good riffs and leads. Would love to hear this with vocals! The change in to the clean section could really benefit from vocals, although it is still really good by itself and like I said before, doesn't damage the consistency of the song. However, I feel that towards the end of the song the repetition of previous riffs does make the song lose a bit of energy. If you added vocals that could make a difference though?

As for production is does sound a bit thin, not too bad but I think if you thickened it out a bit it could really make a difference. Perhaps less gain and more mids on the guitars could be good? Did you do many overdubs or multi tracking?

But overall a cool song with tasty riffs Keep up the good work!

c4c?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1619214

Hey! thanks for the feedback, for the most part I just recorded two rhythm tracks and panned one left and the other right. I agree about the vocals, I should really look into finding someone to do vocals over some of my music, I think it would add a lot.