I feel like a ****** but what are online bands and how do you start one?
They're bands that are done online (not in real life). You start one by finding people on the internet that want to make music online and then you make music. It's pretty simple.

Quote by ChucklesMginty
You can start one by posting on musician classifieds like here: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=25

ya but m8... have u ever acsly looked @ any of those threds

cheeky blokes ain't got a lick of an idea about anything m8
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Last edited by theogonia777 at Oct 11, 2013,
I'm in an online band...with myself.

Actually I organize a lot of online collaborations with fellow artists, and am invited to take part in quite a few projects.

Basically I guess I'd be called a freelance musician. It's all about networking.
I think it'd be best to start out recording and doing things by yourself, even if it's just covers, just to show proof you could pull your weight in a collaborative project.
Last edited by stratkat at Oct 12, 2013,
Quote by bornfhg
So really just post videos on Youtube?

Just like... record snippets and place them on Youtube and other sites like Bandcamp, Reverb Nation, and Soundcloud and mention that you are looking for people to collaborate. Something like:

liek wot u hear? i'm lookin 2 collabor8 w/ some1 on some sikk tunes. i liek metalcore bands liek a7x, bfmv, aild, trivium, and kse. hmu if u r interested in makin music w/ me.

Something like that. Maybe add some contact info or whatever. That sort of thing.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
web cams
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Are you like 98 years old or something?
Quote by CaptainCanti
it wouldn't surprise me if UG goes down within the next couple months, along with other privately owned sites

December 14, 2017
Quote by StewieSwan
Are you like 98 years old or something?

only 77.... why?

NO I AM 14