In 1984 I built a Flying V from parts. I made the body out of 6 pieces of maple, bought the neck and bridge from ALM in Norfolk , va. Unsure on neck, bridge was schaller, di marzio single double coil pickup. Dark Maple stain, very unprofessional, but first build at 15 . Played ok, sounded ok. I would just like to find it . Stolen, sort of, in 1990.

Hope it still exists.

Only pic, 16, playing Spirit of the radio intro

Last edited by Brianbbs67 at Oct 12, 2013,
Most people on UG didn't even exist in 1990.

But honestly, I'd like to see that guitar back in your hands. You could make a cool NGD thread out of it.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Oct 12, 2013,
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE

But honestly, I'd like to see that guitar back in your hands. You could make a cool NGD thread out of it.

It was built 2 years before i was even born.

But i agree, this is one of those cases where i'd like to see a happy ending. It would be awesome to get your guitar back after all these years.

On a side note, in case anyone wants to check it out, here's a really cool story about an old Peugeot that found its way to its owner's son after 70 years: YT link
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE

Yep only on UG and at Protest the Hero shows am I ever considered one of the old guys
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Brianbbs67
In 1984 I built a Flying V from parts.

Only pic, 16, playing Spirit of the radio intro

clips?
Quote by ginger ninja102
how did it get sort of stolen?

Girlfriend / roommate took it when she left and sold it for drugs!
Quote by Brianbbs67
Girlfriend / roommate took it when she left and sold it for drugs!

How could you let her go? She sounds like a keeper!
Quote by Blackfire.
How could you let her go? She sounds like a keeper!

Yeah, not, problem was I knew where it was for a week or two, but so poor didn't have the $100 to buy it back with out being homeless! As for her, was a decent person, then crack and herion, it was the late 80s, ....don't even know if she's lives, haven't seen her since 1991, look like full on addict, walking the streets in East Ocean view! Just sad all the way!
Quote by gregs1020
clips?

Clips?, we barely had color film much less video! Hell, microwaves and cable were new! No cellphone , had to get up to. Change the channel to one of the other 6 availible
Quote by Robbgnarly
Yep only on UG and at Protest the Hero shows am I ever considered one of the old guys

Ok, I wil bite , what's NGD? By the bye, uncle ted frequents this site and he's older than me!
Quote by Brianbbs67
Ok, I wil bite , what's NGD? By the bye, uncle ted frequents this site and he's older than me!

New guitar day!
Quote by Gibson_LesPaul_
New guitar day!

Ok cool, did that already

Sweet, sweet tone!
OK, still on the hunt. Zebra pickups, volume knob only, plug in below knob. Neck is a big clue, I hope. its Strat style,, but looks to have a different feature, string hold down? above nut.

Any clues on the neck maker.?????

I know it was off brand but straight , rosewood and maple. Looking for better color pics. Also, note, bolt on neck set about 6-7 frets in. Thanks
LOL definitely a bunch of youngsters here at UG in 1990 I was 21

Good luck on your quest let us know if you happen to find it!
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

If you haven't already - hit craigslist and put up a post/ad spot in the Musical Equipment section. You will likely need to post in several communities near the area where it originally went missing. Some instruments end up traveling great distances. Many stay close to the location of their original owner.

Being that this was a home built instrument, there is also the risk/chance that it went the way of the landfill. Unpleasant to think about, but just the nature of the beast.

Hope you track it down. Pretty distinctive looking instrument, you might find some folks who have maybe seen it if it is still in active duty somewhere in the music scene.
Gear: Gibson Les Paul Studio, Gibson SG Special, Fender Stratocaster, Fender Telecaster, Fender Jazzmaster, Gretsch Pro Jet, Carvin C350, Epiphone ES-339 P90, Epiphone ES-335 Pro. Peavey 6505, Sovtek MIG-100, Vox AC30, Peavey XXX.
Quote by Evilnine
LOL definitely a bunch of youngsters here at UG in 1990 I was 21

And I was a 12yr old delinquent riding my skateboard every where I was told not to
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
bump! any clues on the neck? Still searching for color good pics in mom and dads collection.
neck is clearly a fender knock off. may have been a Mighty Mite or All-Parts neck from back in the day. perhaps from one of thos put it together yourself kits.
yep, still looks like a bolt together parts guitar.

did you expect that to change in a month?
I really hope you find it but I kind of think that it was only sentimental to you and the next person that grabbed it probably didn't feel the same way and saw more value in the parts. Is the neck pocket off center? The neck looks a little crooked on it. I mean, if the thing wasn't playable anymore, that would be even more reason to part it out.

If I ended up with the thing, I'd see maybe an okay aftermarket neck and a nice Dimarzio Humbucker I could sell. Possibly gut the hardware and the tuners too and then probably toss the body. I wouldn't be surprised if that happened to yours unfortunately.

Anyway, good luck man. Hope you can find it. Ask around locally and maybe somebody has seen it at one point.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.