Page 1 of 3
So today I decided to go into a liquor store even though I'm not 21. It wen't badly.

Let's get some backstory here. I'm a sophomore in college living in a house with two other roommates. They're both 22, but refuse to buy me beer for personal reasons (they don't drink). That's fine with me, and I respect that, but I'm forced to find other ways to procure my substance of choice, and, as the fall weather rolls around, Im dying to get my hands on some pumpkin brews. Two brews in particular: Dogfish Head Punkin, and Southern Tier Pumking. Since I have not been a drinker for long, nor do I drink often, I have been dying to try these.

Today my roommates and I had a friend over, shes 21 and a perfect candidate for what I needed. She agreed to go to the store with me to get some pizza and while there we looked for the beer I wanted, but to no avail. Common grocery stores around here just don't stock these types, I suppose. We were forced to stop by the local liquor store. Normally, I would never have gone into the store, but my friend insisted that I wouldn't be carded since I wasn't the one buying. Mistake. We found the beers and headed to the counter. My friend was using my card to buy the beer, and I stepped of to casually glance at the bottles of small batch whiskey. Since this was my fist time, I was a little nervous, but I thought it had been going quite well. To my disdain the intimidating man at the counter glanced my way and asked for my ID.
"Umm... It's in the car. I can go get it," I said, fully expecting to run out to the car and not come back, hoping the checkout guy would continue to let my friend buy the beer.
"It's fine," he said, "just need to know because you have to be 21 to be in the store. You're 21, right?"
I could feel the blood rushing through my veins to my ears and face as I said, "Oh, uh, yea."
"Cool," the guy said as he scanned the packages.
I felt majorly relieved and excited that I got away with it. I don't usually do things like this; I'm not a "bad boy" kind of guy, so it was a rush for me. But then something worse happened. The guy noticed that the name on the card was not very fitting for a girl. He looked up to me and asked if it was my card. In my euphoric rush, I confirmed, not thinking of the consequences.
"Oh okay, well then I will need to see your card," he said with a now suspicious look in his eyes.
I walked outside not knowing what I was going to do. Quickly, I turned around, went back inside, and said, "You know, I think I left it at home instead."
He asked what my birthday date and I stammered, "August...uh."
"August, uh?' he said.
He had me pinned. At this point we all knew it was a trainwreck. Luckily enough for me he was cool about it. He let my friend buy the beer, but said I should bring my ID next time.

In hindsight, its not really an intense story, but one I wanted to share with you folks.

Anyone else have a story about getting caught?
...it was bright as the sun, but with ten times the heat
Lol. Why would you need to be 21 to be in a liquor store? I think the guy was just messing with you.
Get new 22 year old friends who like drinking beer. Problem solved.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
I'm twenty-four
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
this is why we have alcohol dealers that work much like other drug dealers, you call them up and they bring alcohol to wherever you may be
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Dude you can just order booze. They don't card you at your door (why the hell would they?) and you can order whatever you want. We used to do this all the time back in middle school.
Just make sure to tip the guy really well or they wont want to come back.
Lol I'm so glad I have a cool roomate over 21 who's nice enough get beer for me.

Good shit too, like Trippel and some good IPA's, not the watered-down Bud/Miller/Coors shit everyone drinks.
I remember trying to simply walk into a liquor store under 21.

I promptly got kicked out by a gay black guy.
Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Quote by Ian_the_fox
Lol I'm so glad I have a cool roomate over 21 who's nice enough get beer for me.

Good shit too, like Trippel and some good IPA's, not the watered-down Bud/Miller/Coors shit everyone drinks.

God, you're a prick even when it comes to drinking.

For the record, tripels are almost always the same as other lagers, but more expensive, and rubbing alcohol is bad for you.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
This problem, like any problem in life, can be solved by growing a beard.

Really though. He'll think you're like 30 and not even bother to ask for your ID.

Plus the chick is way more likely to bang you.
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
Why the hell do you have to be 21 to go into a beer store?
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Everytime I find these threads I can't help but laugh at your American Problems.
Quote by whywefight
how do you know he was gay

He threw him out by the dick.
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
Quote by whywefight
He had a gay accent and a rather flamboyant appearance. He was also really thin and was wearing a bunch of colorful wrist bands.

^ Also that. He picked me up, carried me out, and somehow kicked me out the door with his dick. I swear, it must've been made of steel or something.
Quote by snipelfritz

Last edited by Joshua Garcia at Oct 12, 2013,
Quote by Joshua Garcia
He had a gay accent and a rather flamboyant appearance. He was also really thin and was wearing a bunch of colorful wrist bands.

maybe he was just fabulous

edit: lol
Last edited by whywefight at Oct 12, 2013,
I find it weird what a big deal it seems to be in America getting IDed or trying to buy drink. In the UK essentially if you try and buy and don't have ID they just say "sorry, can't serve you" and you walk out and go elsewhere. Apart from maybe being slightly embarrassed, it's not a big deal.

Quote by Spoony_Bard
This problem, like any problem in life, can be solved by growing a beard.

Really though. He'll think you're like 30 and not even bother to ask for your ID.

Plus the chick is way more likely to bang you.

If you've met anyone under the age of 21 with a beard you'd know that they generally most definitely do not look 30. Most young people who grow "beards" end up with shit fluff all over. The only way to really look older is to either be blessed by genetics to look older, or to actually be older. It's a sad fact of life. However now being 22 (and living in a country where the drinking age is 18), I don't care.

Quote by whywefight

He bummed him on the way out.
Quote by whywefight
maybe he was just fabulous

edit: lol
Fine. Let's try this again.

I promptly got kicked out by a possibly gay/possibly fabulous heterosexual black guy.
Quote by snipelfritz

Last edited by Joshua Garcia at Oct 12, 2013,
Quote by Joshua Garcia
Fine. Let's try this again.

I promptly got kicked out by a possibly gay/possibly fabulously heterosexual black guy.

what about fabulous gay black guy? gay people can be fabulous too
Quote by whywefight
what about fabulous gay black guy? gay people can be fabulous too

I promptly got kicked out by a possibly fabulous gay/possibly fabulous heterosexual black guy.
Quote by snipelfritz

Yup America has absolutely idiotic alcohol laws, some states are worse than others, and there are always absolutely idiotic people in some of these liquor stores to strictly enforce these idiotic laws.

EDIT: Washington State is pretty bad. I went to the liquor store once, left my wife and friend (both 20 years old at the time) in the car while I went in to get a couple of products to make mojitos for a get together that night. Because I parked my car within sight of the liquor store, an event I never in a million years would have guessed to be nefarious or even remotely a questionable move on my part, the shitty asshole twat at the counter demanded to see the IDs of "everyone else in the car." What a bitch
My God, it's full of stars!
Last edited by Dreadnought at Oct 12, 2013,
Quote by whywefight
wow and you didn't even beat the **** outta him

everyone knows that both fabulous gay and fabulous heterosexual black guys are weak as ****
That's terrible! That's not a very 3rd friendliest user thing to say, either!

I respected his authority until I turned 21 AND THEN beat the **** outta him.
Quote by snipelfritz

'Murica: The Land of the Free and the Brave, where they will send you to get killed in a ditch for oil without letting you drink alcohol legally.
nice blog
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by MadClownDisease
I find it weird what a big deal it seems to be in America getting IDed or trying to buy drink. In the UK essentially if you try and buy and don't have ID they just say "sorry, can't serve you" and you walk out and go elsewhere. Apart from maybe being slightly embarrassed, it's not a big deal.

Just this.
I don't understand what the fuss is about, just suck it up and go to another store. What exactly is the guy serving you at the store going to do if you don't have I.D? Pull out a shotgun and blow your brains out?

Also, did you bang the chick? It's an important part of the story that we really need to know.
When I was eleven I broke the patio window and my mother sued me... She's always been a very aggressive litigator.
I do feel sorry for you having a 21+ drinking age. Even the 18+ in England is only enforced in particular places. I remember being served at my local pub when I was 16 and getting booze in the corner shop underage.
I've had something similar happen to me. I used to get served under age by this shady Indian guy who was a prick and a scammer (Think Simeon from GTA V, only from India).

Now my dick friends would inconveniently call me up out of the blue and be like "Can you buy beer for me? Come on! You said you would" etc. So I'd say to them "Ok, you want beer? then you come into the shop and help me carry it then, just be silent and if he asks for you're age just say 18 and your birthday with an extra couple of years added on and I'll buy it for you."

Now, my friends are ******s (I'd bet that bacteria is more intelligent than them.) and they'd come into the shop as I'm buying for them. Now, they weren't good under pressure, so when the Indian guy did ask they'd try and stick to the story, but flop it towards the end and give themselves away. This lead to the guy suspecting me, he started bluffing saying hews going to ring the police. But I eventually won him over by saying "I haven't got time for this. I have a house party to be at. I'll bring my I.D next time."

Suffice to say, I never went back.
Page 1 of 3