Is there any way i can get a clean electric sound on an acoustic guitar via the use of a processor such as the zoom a3?
I've heard others plug their acoustics into clean channel modelling amp type stuff and I thought it sounded horrid. Natural acoustic sound wins every time for me.
I suppose a bigger question to ask is why do you want to do that?
I was just wondering if my acoustic could fill in for our lead guitarist (who plays electric cant) join us,it happens alot and i need to find a way to make my guitar sound a little "dirtier" the normal acoustic sound is a bit too soft.
I see. The only way I've seen what you're describing done successfully is with an acoustic guitar with a pickup in the neck (like the Crafter SA series). Then you're also going to need the hardware to switch that tone, whether that be a in the form of a clean boost or overdrive or distortion or whatever.

Gear stuff aside, assuming you're playing rhythm on your acoustic, sacrificing that to play a lead (especially a single note lead) may not be the best thing so it will most likely require some more creativity in the arrangement of your songs in those places more than just to tone of your instrument. As long as it sounds good. I'd also question the reliability of your lead guitarist though if he's missing a lot. Just saying.

Last edited by UnmagicMushroom at Oct 12, 2013,
Is simply getting an electric guitar off the table completely? It seems like the obvious solution.

Remove V1 & V6. Put the 12AX7 from V1 into V6 and leave V1 empty. Try the vibrato channel.
Quote by woad_yurt
Is simply getting an electric guitar off the table completely? It seems like the obvious solution.

No i could simply get an electric but i was just wondering if could find some other ways
Quote by UnmagicMushroom
I see. The only way I've seen what you're describing done successfully is with an acoustic guitar with a pickup in the neck (like the Crafter SA series). Then you're also going to need the hardware to switch that tone, whether that be a in the form of a clean boost or overdrive or distortion or whatever.

Gear stuff aside, assuming you're playing rhythm on your acoustic, sacrificing that to play a lead (especially a single note lead) may not be the best thing so it will most likely require some more creativity in the arrangement of your songs in those places more than just to tone of your instrument. As long as it sounds good. I'd also question the reliability of your lead guitarist though if he's missing a lot. Just saying.

His unreliability is the reason i made this thread really...
Placing a pick up on the neck sounds interesting are there any certain pickups you can recommend?