So I recently got a job delivering pizzas and I'm relatively new to my area so probably want to invest in a GPS (no smart phone). Does anybody here have one that they'd recommend? I don't know a whole lot about the brands for them n such (and if buying an expensive one is worth it).
For how can I give the King his place of worth above all else
when I spend my time striving to place the crown upon myself?
Quote by strait jacket
Oh hey dude, you're back.

Been back. I was never banned for the thread that you're thinking of though.
I can find a perfect one for you man. Just answer the following:

What part of the world do you live in?

Which would you prefer: 4.3" screen (more portable), or 5.0" screen (a little bit bigger so its easier to see in the car?

Would you be interested in Bluetooth capabilities (pair your phone with the GPS and use it as a speakerphone)?

Would you be interested in voice-activation (where you can speak commands to it instead of pressing on the screen while driving?
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
Quote by Spoony_Bard
I can find a perfect one for you man. Just answer the following:

What part of the world do you live in?

Which would you prefer: 4.3" screen (more portable), or 5.0" screen (a little bit bigger so its easier to see in the car?

Would you be interested in Bluetooth capabilities (pair your phone with the GPS and use it as a speakerphone)?

Would you be interested in voice-activation (where you can speak commands to it instead of pressing on the screen while driving?

I live in the US (Texas)

Either is fine, I guess bigger is better though.

My phone isn't that advanced, so no.

Yes
Couple more questions:

Interested in live traffic data where the GPS can give you routes around traffic (works in major metro areas)?

Would you mind if the voice-activation doesn't understand addresses some of the time (the voice-activation and Bluetooth phone business go together, so if your GPS has one, it'll have the other).

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

>¦<
¦
Nah, I don't need anything that fancy.

Yeah that's fine (assuming you can have the option of typing it in instead).

Do you work at a GPS store or something?
Get this one if you want the voice-activation (you can always type stuff in). I own this one and it's awesome: https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/on-the-road/automotive/previous+models/nuvi-2595lmt/prod97146.html

Get this one if the one above is too expensive and has too much stuff you don't need. It'll do you just fine: https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/on-the-road/automotive/previous%20models/nuvi-50lm/prod100840.html

I work for Garmin. I can't speak for other companies, but I know Garmin's the biggest consumer-grade GPS company in the world except for Europe.

Also, I recommend buying one online from Amazon or from a local store like Best Buy or something. On the sites I linked, they're sold for MSRP, so they'll be cheaper at the store.

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

>¦<
¦
Last edited by Spoony_Bard at Oct 13, 2013,
My dad has a Garmin in his car. I don't know what model it is. But we've never had trouble with it
cat
Wow, thanks man! That made things much simpler. Seriously, much appreciated.
the odds of you finding someone here that works for a gps company is quiet amazing XD
Very Orange CARVIN DC 700
PRS SE Custom - crunch lab&PAF pro
Ibanez GRX40 - modified
Peavey Valveking 112 w/ 2x12 cab

Originally Posted by Shirate
The guitar, the only beautiful female that looks better with the top ON haha

Transformice
For delivering pizza, it would be cheaper to just get a map of the local area. That's what I did for my delivery jobs, after a few weeks you won't even need a map/gps to get anywhere, I know every single street in my town and how to get anywhere without looking it up.
I have an old tomtom and it's kinda shitty, it constantly tells you where NOT to turn which is annoying.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
I love my Garmin, always works much better than my friends Tomtoms or Nav-whatevers. I think my model is a Nuvi 2495.

Once when we used my dad's old tomtom to get to a place just past the airport (so still kinda in the city) it sent us off to some weird dirt back road and eventually told us to catch a ferry across this small river. Needless to say, we never used it again.

pretentious small text, right justified signature
UG's professional coffee nerd
also UG's musical theatre nerd
roscoe's wetsuit
Last edited by ozzyismetal at Oct 13, 2013,
Well you know when you see car driving one-way road to wrong direction, he's using TomTom.

Garmin ftw.
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Get this one if you want the voice-activation (you can always type stuff in). I own this one and it's awesome: https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/on-the-road/automotive/previous+models/nuvi-2595lmt/prod97146.html

Get this one if the one above is too expensive and has too much stuff you don't need. It'll do you just fine: https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/on-the-road/automotive/previous%20models/nuvi-50lm/prod100840.html

I work for Garmin. I can't speak for other companies, but I know Garmin's the biggest consumer-grade GPS company in the world except for Europe.

Also, I recommend buying one online from Amazon or from a local store like Best Buy or something. On the sites I linked, they're sold for MSRP, so they'll be cheaper at the store.

I've always had good experiences with Garmin, so I'll agree with this post. Definitely buy one from Amazon. Those are both about $40 less on Amazon.
I have a Garmin. Only once has it led me astray.

I told me to turn right onto a road that didn't exist. Normally I pay more attention, but I just went for it. Ended up getting stuck in 26 inches of snow. It took a few minutes of driving back and forth to work myself out.

Not my proudest moment.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Quote by Thrill-house
It's not that bad, I've only been bit by like 4 Dogs, and had people try to rob me twice.

But has anyone kicked your bike over before?
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.